Naso Tang tank size requirements

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I guess so :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I currently have a few other loved fish and this will be the last addition aside from chromis and anthias in the future. The last big fish. Other big ones are a med sized purple tang and a big foxface along with smaller bristletooth and hippo.

I’m hoping for the best but fully prepared to rehome something if necessary with a couple places that could provide it.

There is some validation for that argument - schooling fish in small cylinder tanks will swim constantly into the circular flow and that is the same for them as if they were swimming over long distances in a straight line.

Jay

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is some validation for that argument - schooling fish in small cylinder tanks will swim constantly into the circular flow and that is the same for them as if they were swimming over long distances in a straight line.

Jay
I figure if anything it has to utilize the muscles while they are holding in a position of the tank or whatever. Exercise essentially.

OP
OP
enlighten

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen the tank in a week or so, but last week, I put a few nems and clownfish I got from a tank tear down. I was also able to find the a one spotted foxface and they picked out a naso tang despite my warning. However they will rehome when it gets too big, its only 1.5-2 inches right now so stil a little guy! Last I heard they added some chromis and were going to rehome some tangs from a tank tear down.

Someone is selling a purple and yellow tang for $400. sounds a little too good to be true!

IMG_9025.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back