Need a recommendation for some additional fish in a 150

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks is a 150 gallon, 5‘ tank. It’s been up for a year and most of the fish in It have been with me for a few years. Right now I have in this tank:

Yellow tang 4”
Lieutenant tang 4”
One spot fox face 4”
Tomini tang 3.5”
Midas blenny
firefish
royal gramma
lyretail anthias
Yellow coris wrasse
a few PJ cardinals

I would like to add a few additional fish; I’m just looking for some fresh ideas.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Yellow Coris Wrasse

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good old fashioned clownfish never hurt, maybe add an anemone if you don't got one.
While I do appreciate that, I have clowns and nems in other tanks. I’m looking for more exotic additions for this tank.

Harlequin Bass.
I have not considered one of these. They do get large, but I do not mind re-homing a fish once they outgrow a tank.

How many Anthias and how many Cardinals?

Any shapes, colors, behaviors you’re looking for?
3 PJ‘s and one female lyretail anthias. I had a mated pair of anthias in another tank, but they became too territorial together, so I split them up and put the female in this tank.

A flame hawk fish or something similar might be fun and offer some different behavior. I have not kept any genicanthus angels, so I’m looking at them. I may put another zebrasoma or acanthurus tang in after a long time in an acclimation box.

Well triggers are my favorite so some small triggers would be some nice additions. A Harlequin Tusk too.
Now that could be fun, I have not kept a trigger for many years.

Thank you all for the ideas, please keep them coming.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I do appreciate that, I have clowns and nems in other tanks. I’m looking for more exotic additions for this tank.

I have not considered one of these. They do get large, but I do not mind re-homing a fish once they outgrow a tank.

3 PJ‘s and one female lyretail anthias. I had a mated pair of anthias in another tank, but they became too territorial together, so I split them up and put the female in this tank.

A flame hawk fish or something similar might be fun and offer some different behavior. I have not kept any genicanthus angels, so I’m looking at them. I may put another zebrasoma or acanthurus tang in after a long time in an acclimation box.

Triggers are great

Triggers are great all around

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get a female bellus!!!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange spot filefish, I have 4 in my 150. Three males and a female

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 47

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow those are beautiful. How are they with eating your corals? I thought they like to eat SPS polyps.
That’s a bit of a misconception. They actually eat the mucus from the polyps, occasionally they might get a polyp, but it’s not really intentional. They don’t bother anything except SPS and the don’t typically damage it. They will annoy it enough that you won’t see polyp extension. Their mouths are essentially little tubes that they use like a straw. They can’t bite and tear like a typical corilavores. Here you can better see it’s specialized mouth.

94960D13-ACA5-4053-82B5-7A7107461596.jpeg

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watchman goby/any goby really and and shrimp (just be careful with goby compatibility with blennies. a few other fishs compatibility is questionable but I know blennies for sure. Just make sure it’s a goby that doesn’t swim like the Blenny, ie midas swims in water column and watchman is bottom dweller)

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up getting if any? Check out Stark Damsel. They make a beautiful addition and aren't like other damsels. I've got one in my tank and gets along fine with everyone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back