Need advice peninsula cabinet build please read.

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting ready to build my aquarium cabinet. I’m thinking about locating my EB8 inside my cabinet on one side above overflow. Is there any major reason I shouldn’t. Do you all have any better ideas. I don’t really want it below the overflow in case of leakage etc. these pics are kinda where I’m thinking. Pay no attention to the box etc. I’m just trying to get the EB8 where you can see what I’m trying to do.
The EB8 will be enclosed in cabinet where it is setting. I will have access via a door on the side of cabinet.
Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

17FDDB89-1F0D-4FFC-8810-75DC98381D85.jpeg

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you mean 'on the glass' - I would say 'NO'. even a little water splashing on it is going to cause problems - and that happens all the time. PS the reason I'm asking is you didn't show a picture of your cabinet - and your wording says 'mount the EBB inside my cabinet over the overflow'. I would suggest that you either partition your cabinet - to have a totally 'dry area' - below - and put your electrical there (as RedSea dose) - or perhaps a separate cabinet outside the tank - but I realize - that with a peninsula - that might be more difficult - unless you are building into the wall?

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not mounting to glass but was thinking of mounting it to backside of cabinet on peninsula end. It’s going to be hard to create a space totally separate for electrical with room I will have. Since I posted this I was thinking I might enclose it in a Tupperware plastic container to protect it. I also could locate it in the basement with all my other Apex stuff and run extension cords to to lights and power heads. That’s all that will be running if this WB8 anyway.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not mounting to glass but was thinking of mounting it to backside of cabinet on peninsula end. It’s going to be hard to create a space totally separate for electrical with room I will have. Since I posted this I was thinking I might enclose it in a Tupperware plastic container to protect it. I also could locate it in the basement with all my other Apex stuff and run extension cords to to lights and power heads. That’s all that will be running if this WB8 anyway.
You can certainly put it under your cabinet - the problem is that its near the sump (assuming it is). If you can - I might put it in the basement?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not a huge peninsula expert - but I do think a lot of times people have room behind the tank (In the wall) - or as you've planned in the basement. I'm sure other people will weigh in

OP
OP
shakey

shakey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The wall is not an option because it’s actually going to essentially be an island tank. Not touching any walls. Totally in center of floor with only a short cabinet underneath 12-18 high.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back