Need an ID on this SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this from my lfs but they weren’t sure what it was. I thought it was a montipora spong., but it looks like it’s growing coralites that look very acropora-like. The picture doesn’t do it justice but it is VERY yellow with maroon looking polyps. I looked at it last night and I saw acro-like tentacles coming out of the tips of the two prominent coralites. The bottom frag is a PC Rainbow.
1CDF85FF-4B5D-403B-994B-0618B6558B18.jpeg
 
Looks like a monti spongodnes to me..I have a couple of them in my tank,and they looked like that in the beginning
 
The top of the picture looks like it could end up being a wolverine type variant from the looks and your description of color. But no way to tell for sure until it grows some branches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new