Need help deciding which Lumenbar to get.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at adding a 60" Reefbreeders LumenBar to my 6 bulb T5 ATI setup. My bulbs are due for a change and I am about to change them to the current configuration.

Front to back
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
Purple+
Blue+

I want to add a little more POP and i do miss the blacklight look a little bit at night. Thinking of running the LumenBar for an hour after T5s as well.

Looking at adding one of these bars.

NEW! Blue/UV Hybrid- A balanced mix of 430nm violet, 450nm Royal Blue, 380nm UV, and 480nm Cool Blue.

HO (High Octane) UV– Mix of 430nm, 410nm, 405nm violet, and 380nm UV

I am leaning more towards the hybrid as i feel the high octane one will be more purple.

Any recommendations?

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely the hybrid. No question.

Thanks. That is what I am thinking as well. Have you ever owned one of these bars? Wonder if i can get away with what I am looking for with one bar.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t owned these in particular but just seeing the diode layout id lean toward the hybrid. The “uv” one would look too purple

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t owned these in particular but just seeing the diode layout id lean toward the hybrid. The “uv” one would look too purple

I agree. I think it wouldn't be bad as a supplement light but by itself would not look appealing. I am going to order the hybrid today. I had a gut feeling on the hybrid but wanted reassurance. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. :)

Also, how's your house coming along? Must be getting closer everyday now for your new tank?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I think it wouldn't be bad as a supplement light but by itself would not look appealing. I am going to order the hybrid today. I had a gut feeling on the hybrid but wanted reassurance. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. :)

Also, how's your house coming along? Must be getting closer everyday now for your new tank?

I look forward to your thoughts on it when it arrives!

House is coming along great. Have most the kinks worked out and have unpacked about 95% of the way. Still have all the wall decor in a huge stack but otherwise we are about done.

I’ve been putting major work in on the tank getting it up and running. I started a new build thread with a rough detailing of what I did up to this point. Yesterday I finally set up my rock scape and got the return pump churning. I’m beyond happy with how it turned out. Hopefully will get the apex set up this week and begin testing to ensure I’m ready to bring the fish over

Back