Need help. ID this Clown for me.

cook77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was mixed in a new shipment of Oscelle Clownfish at the aquarium shop.

OP
OP
cook77

cook77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1457826959.778555.jpg

OP
OP
cook77

cook77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, davinci, and 17 is a great deal! Enjoy!
Here's a pic of my 2 davinci. By far my favorite clownfish!
0f7f4810161f1b816ec12eff6aec69ad.jpg
Awesome!! I'm trying to find it a mate. Any ideas?

rjl45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally I try to find them locally, avoid the stress of shipping. If you're in denver, Ambrosio aquatics had some a couple weeks ago, saw them at the reef builder show. If you order online, I had a great experience with extreme clownfish. Alex is just down the road from sea and reaf hatchery, so that also helps avoid added stress to the fish.

Like Salty1962 said, a Picasso is a good pairing as well. My clown in the lower right side; one side looks more like a picaso, his other side (not shown) is definitely DaVinci. He has asymmetrical markings, which I love. The other (up top) is perfectly symmetrical.

When picking up a 2nd clown, try to find one that is significantly smaller than your existing, or much larger than your existing. It will help them establish dominance without any bickering. If they are too close in size, they will fight until one submits or dies :( my 2 clowns are similar in size, and they bicker a little, but the one on top is definitely the dominant clown.

Rudimenta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Da Vinci strain for sure, any Ocellaris will match, my picasso's are percs so that is something to watch out for, they will bond in the end tho

OP
OP
cook77

cook77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1458035986.098627.jpg

See I bought them the same day. But he got mixed with this guy. So I bought them together. They seem to get along really well. Not sure if they will pair. Cause I'm new at this, and not sure what pairs and what doesn't.

Rudimenta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they don't kill each-other the first day they are fine! Bonding or accepting each other isn't in my mind the big issue a productive breading pair is another story

Rudimenta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will always fight to establish dominance even when they are already bonded, what you need to look out for is for example if one clown is at the corner top of a tank and doesn't dare to move because immediately attacked by the dominate clown, if that lasts more than a few hours take them apart

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 68 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back