Need Help! New H.mag strange behavior

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never leave an Anemone out of water. Do as big of water change as you can without exposing the Anemone to air.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a bowl so the nem has water. Also I do the water change daily in the evening before lights out. Dose cipro after the water change so it can have max effect at night since light degrades it.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Treatment tank, I fill one with my DT water and heater powerhead ready, then I add cipro and move the nem from old one to the new one, and dispose the old one after 24h anf repeat that. Also fill my Dt with new water.
Should I leave the nem without water when doing water change? Or just leave a bit of water in the tank

You have two treatment tanks right?

Prepare and treat "Treatment tank A".
Remove nem from "Treatment tank B" at the end of light cycle and place in tank A.
Clean tank B.
Next day Prepare and treat tank B
Remove nem from tank A and place in tank B
Clean tank A.
Repeat.

As dieselkeeper mentioned, I usually pipette debris the nem expells during treatment. If you syphon it with tubing, make sure not to get too close and poke/suck the nem.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have two treatment tanks right?

Prepare and treat "Treatment tank A".
Remove nem from "Treatment tank B" at the end of light cycle and place in tank A.
Clean tank B.
Next day Prepare and treat tank B
Remove nem from tank A and place in tank B
Clean tank A.
Repeat.

As dieselkeeper mentioned, I usually pipette debris the nem expells during treatment. If you syphon it with tubing, make sure not to get too close and poke/suck the nem.
I have 2 tanks but now the nem detach from the rock and attach to the bottom one 1 tank

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tanks but now the nem detach from the rock and attach to the bottom one 1 tank

Ah. Put a plate or something in there like an inverted bowl or clay pot next to the nem (mentioned before in the thread) so it can climb up and then should be easy to move.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still deflate at night around 7-8pm but comparimg to other day, he moves a bit comparing to other days.

F99ADB6B-A1BF-4274-9F8A-85DA70F6406E.jpeg

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its mouth kind of inflating. Is it normal? If not do I have to increase dosage?

B92608FF-2D71-4764-8AAB-24A355A92432.jpeg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, it's going to be up and down for days, just stick w/ treatment and don't stress, you're doing all you can do, and my guess you got to it in time from what I see so far.
Don't over think it until you've gone through the whole treatment.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will have days where it looks great and other it will look horrible. Stay the course. Treat for at least 7 days, 10 would be better. Give it light and good flow.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never leave an Anemone out of water. Do as big of water change as you can without exposing the Anemone to air.

I've heard this advice and agree w/ it when it comes to sponge, but in reality for anemone's it's not such a big deal, in fact a great many are exposed on reefs at low tide.
they hold a lot of water, that's one of the reasons why they are usually shipped in almost no water most of the time.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 188 73.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back