Need Help! New H.mag strange behavior

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do 100% daily, but I use water from the main tank for the changes to the treatment tank and use the freshly mixed water to replace what I took out of the main. Make sure to keep the heater and powerhead separated from the anemone in the treatment tank, use a divider or eggcrate or cover the powerhead at minimum.

Exactly what I do as well.
Good luck, hope it works out, expect it to go up and down in looks, don't let that keep you from doing full treatment.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, my nem still attach to a big peice of rock, I will try to separate those

Wait until you have everything set up/ready to go and be gentle with the nem. Also, Ive seen people with mags place a clay pot upside in the treatment tank for the mag to climb, possibly to stay there instead of climbing the sides of the tank.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until you have everything set up/ready to go and be gentle with the nem. Also, Ive seen people with mags place a clay pot upside in the treatment tank for the mag to climb, possibly to stay there instead of climbing the sides of the tank.
I mean, I will try to separate the nem from the PH, and heater, I will leave him on the rock, I think he like to be there.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is getting just a bit better I think. Any idea

18EF3EF0-6B1E-4E19-821B-32DF2B5BA986.jpeg

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 250mg per 10 gallon. I hold it between two fingers in front of a powerhead and roll it. It will slowly disentegrate on its own. Then I wait about 5-10 mins to circulate and add the nem to the water once i check that the water temperature is what it should be (matched to my tank, 78).

Also make sure to unplug the heater whenever it could be exposed to air. Ive broken one before not paying attention, and with this process of changing the water everyday for up to ten days leads to the opportunity if youre not paying attention.

Is the mouth constantly open like that?

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Anemone is that? Looks like an elegance coral to me. EDIT, Just saw your new pic. Just leave him alone it's only been five days.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks ok right now, but like I said they will have periods of inflation and deflation during treatment, usually it's very up and down first few days of treatment.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Anemone is that? Looks like an elegance coral to me. EDIT, Just saw your new pic. Just leave him alone it's only been five days.

It's a magnifica, and probably about 90% of newly shipped mags come w/ bacteria infection, this is why it used to be hard to keep them, until we started doing this treatment, which we have Minh/Orion to thank for on that, making it much more successful in being able to keep them.

Really it's best to QT a new mag and observe, and if they show signs of deflation like this one begin cipro treatment immediately.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 250mg per 10 gallon. I hold it between two fingers in front of a powerhead and roll it. It will slowly disentegrate on its own. Then I wait about 5-10 mins to circulate and add the nem to the water once i check that the water temperature is what it should be (matched to my tank, 78).

Also make sure to unplug the heater whenever it could be exposed to air. Ive broken one before not paying attention, and with this process of changing the water everyday for up to ten days leads to the opportunity if youre not paying attention.

Good tips, also keep in mind light makes cipro inert, so make sure to add cipro after lights out.

Fourstars

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Sorry, I thought I was on page two and I read he was trying to detached it, and the first picture looked like an Elegance;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sometime it is open, some time it is close, but I notice every day
it inflate period: midnight-7/8h in the morning
Deflate: 7/8am to 11pm or midnight
But today It seems to inflate about 3 hours longer.
It is currently deflating
I have 2 Treatment tank, I fill one with my DT water and heater powerhead ready, then I add cipro and move the nem from old one to the new one, and dispose the old one after 24h anf repeat that. Also fill my Dt with new water.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on process. He is spitting something out, and detach from the rock last night. I check his foot is still good. His mouth is close atm, I decided to remove the rock just let him sit in the tank and I think he just re-attach to the bottom of the tank

image.jpg

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the rock out. The tank needs to be as sterile as possible. Vacuum out any thing the nem spits out. Vacuum it out when doing water change. And you should be using new saltwater on the nem tank. Match salinity and temp to the water in the nem tank. Good luck, hope it pulls thru for you.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would place something in there like a glass bowl upside down or something like previously suggested, give it a place to climb up towards light and keep it contained to one area, and continue treatment.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the rock out. The tank needs to be as sterile as possible. Vacuum out any thing the nem spits out. Vacuum it out when doing water change. And you should be using new saltwater on the nem tank. Match salinity and temp to the water in the nem tank. Good luck, hope it pulls thru for you.
Should I leave the nem without water when doing water change? Or just leave a bit of water in the tank

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back