Need help please. New to the hobby

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

I think I know what this is and not happy if it turns out to be but need professional help or more someone with more experience to help id please.

IMG_0197.JPG

OP
OP
Robg139

Robg139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Aptasia-X. It’s a thick medication that you inject directly onto it’s base. Keep eyes open for others. They spread fast. Act now!!!

Yes I actually just used tweezers and that whole little piece of rock popped right off. I saw the whole Aiptasia under the rock so I know I got the whole thing. Thankyou I will keep an eye out and buy that remover if I see more.

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I actually just used tweezers and that whole little piece of rock popped right off. I saw the whole Aiptasia under the rock so I know I got the whole thing. Thankyou I will keep an eye out and buy that remover if I see more.

Uhhhh... I was advised not to do anything like that. Apparently, when stressed, they release spores or something and spread.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhhh... I was advised not to do anything like that. Apparently, when stressed, they release spores or something and spread.
I agree. Try not to let them know they’re being moved. They will multiply quite quickly. I always use lemon juice. Just squirt with a syringe right into the mouth. The shrivel up and disappear. Aiptasia isn’t too bad ime but they love to house in zoas. I see zoas in your tank. Keep an eye for polyps that don’t open. Aiptasia will sting them and if not removed, the polyps will eventually die.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back