Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video I did on the steps of connecting your GHL Doser 2.1 doser Stand Alone (Master) to your home network using just the GHL Connect App.

It is important that you have the latest version of the GHL connect App (Version 3.2.2 or Higher)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Can not connect. Do you want to check the settings now." Nothing explains what this means. I've tried two different windows machines. Doser never shows up.

EDIT: I tried AUTO and COM3 as suggested in earlier comments in the thread. No go

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oks, your using the legacy fesktop application.

Did you install both the usb driver and the GCC desktop app.

If you did that, after you connect the doser and power it up did you open up windows device manager and see what com port it used I assume you did since you said com 3 also.

Can you screen shot your GHL desktop setting your using .

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Windows will change the com port on you. So always check to make sure.
You got to love windows.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oks, your using the legacy fesktop application.

Did you install both the usb driver and the GCC desktop app.

If you did that, after you connect the doser and power it up did you open up windows device manager and see what com port it used I assume you did since you said com 3 also.

Can you screen shot your GHL desktop setting your using .

Everything was installed, I tried 3 other USBs and when I went back to the original it suddenly worked.

Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but is there something specific about the included USB that makes it required?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USB cable brand will make no difference, though plugging and unplugging may change your host COM driver from 3 to whatever number, mine typically does 4. That hung me up for a bit, always check device manager to make sure.

jordimex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello could anyone help me with instructions to reset the doser 2.1, i changed wifi passwords and cant connect to it
thank you

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a windows machine you can use the GCC windows desktop software and when you connect to it via USB you can then use the factory reset option.

I am not sure if any other way but that way.

You can also open a support ticket also to see if there is another option other the.l GCC desktop application. Tagging GHL also :) @Vinny@GHLUSA

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to calibrate my SA pump for my KHD, through P4. And non of the pumps works. It shows is calibrating, all flashing green, but actual pumps don’t work. What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to calibrate my SA pump for my KHD, through P4. And non of the pumps works. It shows is calibrating, all flashing green, but actual pumps don’t work. What am I doing wrong?

It could be two things:
  • Doser pump numbering was not assigned for this unit; go to SYSTEM page and see PAB-devices, set numbering
  • SA doser was not switched over to Slave mode before getting connected to P4.
  • Or all the above

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And how do I tackle this? I mean, how do I make my SA slave?

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the first point, don’t really understand.
please forgive me, I’m not much of the high tech guy lol

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The steps for switching the SA doser to slave mode are on page 39 of the Doser Resource guide, see the very first post for link. That shows you how to do it through the USB cable.

If the doser is still emitting it's own hotspot (you can see GHL-DOSER wifi network), you can connect to it and change it over to slave mode that way too. Follow this video until the 2-minute mark, then go to the General settings page. Scroll down and you will see the option to switch to slave mode.

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, I’ve managed to make Doser work, but there is a “but”.
I’ve assigned pumps to the Doser, in correct order, and lights on Doser and KHD turned from green to yellow and on P4 turned red from green.
also short clip of the Doser (all of the pumps) working (not working) on the highest speed.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.MOV
    7.6 MB

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The forum software doesn’t recognize .mov files. Use this to convert to a mp4 video file.

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The forum software doesn’t recognize .mov files. Use this to convert to a mp4 video file.
Didn’t realise that. Thx buddy

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is again
Hopefully will work this time

Attachments

• IMG_1507.MP4
    7.6 MB

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh dear. Video still don’t work.
So I’ll try to explain it.
During the priming as well as calibration, all of the pumps on Doser work beautifully. Only on the highest speed 3, pumps start working maybe for two seconds, go to some sort of stall, and after power is cut off, they still spin couple of times. And all of the pumps behaving same way.
I guess something for you @Vinny@GHLUSA You’ve been great so far, so... Help please

Also I figured out that the yellow/amber light I’ve had on the Doser, was just low fluid level warning light lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back