Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The router is about 6 feet away, so the WIFI signal should be pretty strong.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the GHL logo flashing on the doser? If I remember it right from their youtube videos (do re-watch them if you can, be surprised what you might miss the first time) is that wifi settings must be saved and the doser itself power-cycled to take effect. It took some effort to get mine working right but once I did it has been extremely stable.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is the GHL logo flashing on the doser? If I remember it right from their youtube videos (do re-watch them if you can, be surprised what you might miss the first time) is that wifi settings must be saved and the doser itself power-cycled to take effect. It took some effort to get mine working right but once I did it has been extremely stable.
It's solid blue.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's solid blue.

If it is solid blue and you've changed no settings, that means the doser itself is connected if I am remembering it right. Do you have it set for static IP or dynamic IP? can you post a screenshot of your wifi settings (blur passwords etc.)

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had so many issues.. i eventually decided the wifi was not reliable.. I bought a small netgear 4 port router. All my cat5 were used up in the room so had to solve that with the additoional ports. And used the direct connect.. forget the PC software.. I had too many issues.. use the Iphone app. I literally spent a whole week end trying everything..

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent the whole weekend going through the youtube videos again and again. And I am doing everything on the videos. It seems to be somewhat better. Still getting the Error 28 but not as often. If it becomes unstable again, i'll probably bite it and go the direct usb route.

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanggy - I have had the same before, with the exact same error codes. I fixed it by first doing an emergency update of the Wi-Fi module (and the interface files that go with it), then a reset of the Profilux itself. I don't think the latter was needed but I did it anyway. If I were you I'd look at whatever else you have and update the firmware on that at the same time - it seems that when they are out of sync that's when things start to get squiffy.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matt: It's been doing ok lately. I'll get random Error 28 or 50 but not as often or quickly after I launch the program. But if it starts acting weird again I'll try resetting/updating the WIFI module.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just followed the video for setting up the doser 2.1 using the GHL Connect App on iPhone. When I go to my WiFi connections on my phone I do not have an available network for the GHL doser. I have suspected the WiFi on my unit has never worked as I have never been able to get the doser to connect via WiFi.

I tried again yesterday in the GHL Control Center. Setup a static IP address on the WiFi setup page, pinged the address and had successful response, my router is showing the doser as being connected to my wireless network, but I can’t ever log into my doser via WiFi connection either through the GHL Control Center or the GHL Control App. Not sure what I’m missing here. Followed the GHL static IP setup video to the T. I’ve had this doser for a little over 2 years and have never been able to get it connected to my wireless.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically it feels like the GHL doser just isn't as reliable for AWC as maybe the Litermeter3 or similar option.
@choss - I take out 1 gallon a day and my combo works awesome since my MaxiSA is connected to my saltwater mixing station.

P4&MaxiSA.JPG

My Mixing Station.jpg

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, attempting to set up my doser and connect it to My GHL and I keep getting this message....
1545876128271207388082.jpg

I have the latest Firmware 1.30 and it is the correct ID for my doser, it's currently connected to GCC via USB and I'm lost now...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back