Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SMG91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a KH Director with the Doser2.1SA and I am trying to configure the WiFi. When I “Search WiFi” no networks are found (I live in an apartment complex and other devices usually return about 15-20 results). When I switch to “Access point mode”, no devices I own will find the dosers hotspot. What is the solution to this?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hot spot mode will turn on the dosers WiFi hotspot. So you see a GHL DEVICE in the networks on your phone or computer. You ten can log into the device. An configure it or set it up. If you want to set the doser up on your personal WiFi connection you can go in and select your network at that time.
that’s if you want to use the PC software to control the doser.
Here are GHL doser setup videos.

SMG91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hot spot mode will turn on the dosers WiFi hotspot. So you see a GHL DEVICE in the networks on your phone or computer. You ten can log into the device. An configure it or set it up. If you want to set the doser up on your personal WiFi connection you can go in and select your network at that time.
that’s if you want to use the PC software to control the doser.
Here are GHL doser setup videos.

This is the problem, it’s not available on my list of networks when the access point/hotspot mode is turned on and the doser will not find any networks when I search for available networks.

2977DB9C-7EE9-4925-9106-33B4517AA49D.jpeg

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is b.s. ghl you need to completely overhaul this prehistoric system. maybe fire everyone and then hire the folks that worked on seneye.

the concept is plug n play. not plug and then assign static ip addresses and a bunch of other crap. to 99% of the world, that's jibberish and not comprehensible.

you're missing a boatload of customers.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your going to like some of the changes in the upcoming GHL Connect App, they are beta testing now a step through wizard for connecting to WiFi networks for devices, which I believe will help :) The posted about it on the main support GHL support forums. It is in beta now for Android, and Iphone is closely behind.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same way pigco. I still cannot use my doser and get no more help form ghl even if I open a tag on their website. Such BS from a pricy doser that is far from plug and play.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Weevo - what issue are you having where you can not use the doser?
Wifi does not show and when hooked up to computer still cannot get it to hook up. Went through all the videos that he sent to me 1 by 1 to get it to connect and nothing so he just stop responding back and this was through a ticket I opened up on ghl website. This is far from plug and play. Pain in the butt

Slow Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 2.1 doser . See the hotspot on my iPhone but can not connect to it and my phone is resting on the doser. I have an Ethernet cable close by. Is there a way to plug in and hook it into my WiFi?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you could connect the Ethernet cable determine the IP address of the device and web into the device.

But, before doing that what error are you getting?

You see the hotspot and attempt to join the hotspot on the doser what does it say?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must connect to the WiFi by tapping on the GHL hotspot. Other question did you buy this as new unit or did you buy it used. ?

Slow Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so now I was able to click on it again and it worked ‍♂️ How can I get in there to have it work off my WiFi so I can access it anywhere

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Slow Reefer
Create a support ticket for further assistance.
Provide screenshots of your Wi-Fi settings and Wi-Fi settings entered into the doser.

PhantomHalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like others, I dont see the GHL hotspot when trying to connect with my phone. I bought the 2.1 SA used if that matters. I am excited to use it, but this is getting frustrating. Any tips on how to get it to connect or at least show the hotspot?

Back