need help taking pic led moon lights on

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does any one know how i can take a pic of my tank with just my moon lights on im using a nikon coolpix cam is their any way to keep it from looking so bright the cam pics up way more light than what i can see with naked eye please help thanks

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but you will need to adjust your camera settings to the following.....
1. use a tripod and your timer
2. ISO 100
3. flash OFF
4. White balance set to 9900K. If you do not have the Kelvin filter in your menu selection, then you have to experiment with each and every white balance setting until you get what you are looking for.
5. Manual mode
6. Macro mode if you are doing a close up shot only
7. Set you f/stop to some where near f/30
8. Adjust your shutter speed so that your exposure meter is EV -0.05 and the again to EV -0.1
9. Set your camera style to "vivid" to enhance any subtle colors
*** if you can NOT make these adjustments with your camera shoot in Aperture Mode (A) and set it for the highest setting.
*** use your timer after focusing on the shot and setting up your new settings to avoid camera shake.
*** these are long exposures so a tripod is mandatory!
*** read your manual if you are not 100 percent sure how to make the adjustments.

LMK, if this helps.

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back