Need help with algae

I’m actually buying a skimmer I was talking about doing a small diy refugium
 
If your clean up crew is not keeping up with the algae I would manually pluck the algae and remove it via tube when you do your water changes. I can’t recall if you have any Tangs? I’d do weekly water changes focusing on one sector at a time. It will take a few months but something is off. Nitrates were not that bad. I’d decrease the time period ur lights are on. There are products out there but your algae is pretty long so manual removal will pull the roots. Interested in ur Phosphate levels.
 
I’m actually buying a skimmer I was talking about doing a small diy refugium
Im in the process of getting the stuff for a DIY sump and fuge. Check out jaxracks.com for a kit that's where I just purchased mine. Way cheaper to build one like that.
 
I have 2 tang but I heard they don’t eat the long parts and also I will post phosphate tomorrow
 
Have one on a waterbox 10 for export and oxygenation, since you bubble thru it to move water. little pricy, but we are in the wrong hobby for penny pinching.
I seen that price tag and was like whoa but in its defense it would be ideal in smaller tanks where a sump isn't needed or practical but basically give you the same benefit as one in a compact design. I would buy one if I had a small tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new