Need help with algae

Tmtdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your clean up crew is not keeping up with the algae I would manually pluck the algae and remove it via tube when you do your water changes. I can’t recall if you have any Tangs? I’d do weekly water changes focusing on one sector at a time. It will take a few months but something is off. Nitrates were not that bad. I’d decrease the time period ur lights are on. There are products out there but your algae is pretty long so manual removal will pull the roots. Interested in ur Phosphate levels.

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m actually buying a skimmer I was talking about doing a small diy refugium
Im in the process of getting the stuff for a DIY sump and fuge. Check out jaxracks.com for a kit that's where I just purchased mine. Way cheaper to build one like that.

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tang but I heard they don’t eat the long parts and also I will post phosphate tomorrow

Funston07

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one on a waterbox 10 for export and oxygenation, since you bubble thru it to move water. little pricy, but we are in the wrong hobby for penny pinching.
I seen that price tag and was like whoa but in its defense it would be ideal in smaller tanks where a sump isn't needed or practical but basically give you the same benefit as one in a compact design. I would buy one if I had a small tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back