Need help with Eshopps sump

DV8R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, just have an older Eshopps sump with a fuge, and was hoping some one could help me get it plumbed right. Some of it I know, as in, most (OK ALL) of this is more jacked up than a cheap auto mechanic. Green is return line, grey corrugated is attached to the over flow. There are some blocks that look like some sort of bio cube, but with any pressure, they turn to mud. So I know these need to be replaced, but with what? I do have a pretty good knowledge of plumbing. I have done some research, but lack in experience with setting everything up right. Thanks in advance for any help you can an be.

20210828_191938.jpg 20210828_192021.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 pieces of pvc pipe over there are your drains. They should be coming from your overflow drains. The green tubing as you said is your return and should be attached to your return line in the overflow or sides of your tank wherever they are. The 2 blocks are probably marine pure blocks which if they are turning to mud, remove them. Other than that, you can do whatever you want with the sump, put in a skimmer, filter socks, run a fuge, w/e you want.

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Above is the link for your sump. You can google or YouTube and I’m sure there is video of people setting it up. Return pump is meant to go in the chamber next to where the filter sock is (bottom right section). Bottom left is your refugium area, upper left is skimmer chamber, and upper right is obviously where the water drains into and the filter sock.

As stated above, toss the mushy bricks and replace if desired

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back