OP
OP
S

sheeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it’s better than nothing. There’s no harm in running it till you get another one.

how's this DIY sump look? extremely cheap and I think I could put all my media, filter, heater, skimmer, and a UV in there. Along with running with a tidal 110 HOB on the tank.

Aquanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

how's this DIY sump look? extremely cheap and I think I could put all my media, filter, heater, skimmer, and a UV in there. Along with running with a tidal 110 HOB on the tank.

That would be more of a temporary set up. It would get the job done and filter, but it would most likely break or leak with continual use over time. A better cheap DIY sump idea would be to get a tank and measure it then get some glass cut and silicone them in as baffles. This is the route I went, as i dont have hundreds for a sump, but buying the glass and silicone made my sump like 20-30 instead of a few hundred. i also had a 30 gallon tank sitting around though. Another cheaper option would be to just get a tank and basically replace the plastic tub on the bottom from the DIY sump you posted with tank so it wont be as likely to leak.

How do you plan on getting the water from the tank to the sump? If you do a siphon, i would also highly recommend some kind of leak detector for when it inevitably breaks the siphon.

Back