Need help with flow!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wonkabar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wonkabar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
545
Reaction score
646
Location
Long Island
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have 4 pm 40s and two reef wave 25 gyres. I want to keep as much as possible off of the 3 visible sides of the tank. What do you think is the best way to get good random flow for sps? Where should I place what?
20250611_124945.png


20250611_124952.png


20250611_124955.png
 
A lot of the gyres have flow diverters that can aim the flow across instead of straight out. I'd maybe do the gyres on the back glass 1 on each end, with diverters aiming down the back and then the mp40s towards the back of the sides - 1 towards the top, 1 towards the middle.

After that, I'd fire them up and adjust flow and position as needed to avoid constant sand storms.
 
I have 4 pm 40s and two reef wave 25 gyres. I want to keep as much as possible off of the 3 visible sides of the tank. What do you think is the best way to get good random flow for sps? Where should I place what?
20250611_124945.png


20250611_124952.png


20250611_124955.png
Sell 2 mp40's and the gyers.
Place 2 mp40's on the back wall.
Put a Sea Sweep on each end with a Tunze 6255. All the random flow you will ever need and the cord goes through the sweeps.
I run 2 of said in my 60×30×22 and need nothing else with plenty of power to spair when the system grows in.
The 2 40's on the back will help with the high rock scape.
Anyway something to think about.
20250607_115411.jpg
 
Sell 2 mp40's and the gyers.
Place 2 mp40's on the back wall.
Put a Sea Sweep on each end with a Tunze 6255. All the random flow you will ever need and the cord goes through the sweeps.
I run 2 of said in my 60×30×22 and need nothing else with plenty of power to spair when the system grows in.
The 2 40's on the back will help with the high rock scape.
Anyway something to think about.
20250607_115411.jpg
I have thought extensively about just this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new