Need help with flow

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I want to get a circulation pump for my tank but they are sorta expensive for me. There are some cheap ones on Amazon that circulate the water at a constant rate without change but I heard that it isn't that good. Should I get one pump? Should I get 2? What are your suggestions? I would really like the ones with a control to have a wave mode but I need some inexpensive options.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your running a 20 g tank right ? I have a Hydor koralis nano 565 on my biocube 32, its running steady. They make a controller for them that changes pulse for around 60 bucks

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your running a 20 g tank right ? I have a Hydor koralis nano 565 on my biocube 32, its running steady. They make a controller for them that changes pulse for around 60 bucks

Hey I found this on amazon. Do you think this would work?

Mahi-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jaebo sw-8 in my 10g tank on the lowest setting. Moves lots of water and is compact. You can also get the ow-10. Jaebo is good, but I’m not expecting it to last forever. I would love to have An EcoTech MP10, but I cant justify spending the $$.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I found this on amazon. Do you think this would work?

I was using 2 of those plus a crossflow pump on my 20 long and it created enough flow to move my sandbed all the time. Should be okay if you are doing softies and lps. If you want to go more sps you can upgrade later.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jaebo sw-8 in my 10g tank on the lowest setting. Moves lots of water and is compact. You can also get the ow-10. Jaebo is good, but I’m not expecting it to last forever. I would love to have An EcoTech MP10, but I cant justify spending the $$.
I just got a used mp10 for under $100 this weekend. I used it to replace 2 sow jeboas and it moves more water, but in a wide fliw pattern. I didnt think they were worth the money before, but now think they are.

Mahi-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a used mp10 for under $100 this weekend. I used it to replace 2 sow jeboas and it moves more water, but in a wide fliw pattern. I didnt think they were worth the money before, but now think they are.
That’s awesome! I have “Vortech” and “mp10” as a keyword notification for OfferUp. No luck yet. Hoping to find one some day.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back