Need help with Gen 2 Radions ASAP!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I bought an entire running reef and brought it home.

For some reason, one of the two xr30 gen 2s won't light up except for about 90 seconds when I touch the center button.

I have tried reset instructions but the buttons never flash as the instructions say.

I tried to register and connect my laptop but it doesn't ever go into live demo so I can turn it on and adjust.

Can someone message me and call me to walk me through this?

I have used just about every light out there but these and I have a ton of corals that need the light back on.

Thanks in advance!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Better yet is to contact eco tech support and they will stay on the phone with you while instructing you

@Dana Riddle

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact ecotech, seems like a fan issue

But also for Gen 2 I believe you're going to need connection manager before it connects to ecosmart live unless you have a reeflink

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I bought an entire running reef and brought it home.

For some reason, one of the two xr30 gen 2s won't light up except for about 90 seconds when I touch the center button.

I have tried reset instructions but the buttons never flash as the instructions say.

I tried to register and connect my laptop but it doesn't ever go into live demo so I can turn it on and adjust.

Can someone message me and call me to walk me through this?

I have used just about every light out there but these and I have a ton of corals that need the light back on.

Thanks in advance!
Wish I could be of assistance, but I've never owned a Radion. The one I tested was a loaner.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could be of assistance, but I've never owned a Radion. The one I tested was a loaner.

No big deal. I removed them and put on two a360x and a spectral controller. Dialed it in in 5 minutes and everything perked right up. The colors look just like the xr30s did but more shimmer. Odd thing is, the photos turn out way more blue than they did under the Radions.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back