Need help with identification

Huntercowie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks.
20201026_183912.jpg

Avast
Fritz
OP
H

Huntercowie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Was about 6" in diameter when i got it. After handling it shrunk to half the size .Any suggestions on flow and lighting? Im an amateur just dipping my toes in the water.

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Was about 6" in diameter when i got it. After handling it shrunk to half the size .Any suggestions on flow and lighting? Im an amateur just dipping my toes in the water.
When adding a new coral I put it in the shade so it can acclimate to the water for a week or 2 then I start moving it up slowly. Most corals will do fine wherever you put them if you very slowly acclimate them. I have mushrooms growing next to birdsnest colonies it's all about taking things slow. Too much light kills things and is alot worse than too little light.

OP
H

Huntercowie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
When adding a new coral I put it in the shade so it can acclimate to the water for a week or 2 then I start moving it up slowly. Most corals will do fine wherever you put them if you very slowly acclimate them. I have mushrooms growing next to birdsnest colonies it's all about taking things slow. Too much light kills things and is alot worse than too little light.

Thanks a bunch guys

BRS

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 133 62.1%
  • NO

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Chaos Aquaculture