Need help with lighting my new tank.

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I found a good deal on a used tank recently and jumped on it. The previous owner gave me two led strips and he said they grew coral. While in his house I didn't see wild coral but he said he was between tanks and hadn't dabbled too far into the corals. Before I go out and buy another xr30 what other options could I look at? I'm wondering if another radion just is the best answer since I can just set them to the same timing schedule and be able to have my SPS on one side at a higher setting than everything else. Here's the tank
PXL_20210208_223006765.jpg
PXL_20210208_223012653.jpg

And here's a bad photo of the lights.
PXL_20210209_022707631.jpg
They seemed kind of dull but I know I should test their par before I throw the cash away on another radion. I just don't like how they go across the tank and will be a pain in my butt of I need to remove the lid as both of these will have to come off also. They have no controller and I'm already running out of plug ins on my powerbar.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are looking for something that will grow coral, but is less expensive than an xr30 you may want to at least take a look at the Noopsyche K7 Pro II. Good luck with your new adventure!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%

Back