Need help with MP10

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all I have a question I’ve been trying to figure out for a while now. My tank is a 24x24 cube and I have to mp10, one is positioned on the upper left wall of the tank near the front glass and the 2nd is lower left wall near the back glass. Both pumps blow left to right. My question is how to I simulate the gentle pulse motion I see on videos on you tube. Like when the corals gently pulses back and fourth. I’ve tried all different kinds of settings like pulse mode at 1 , .75, .50 ,.25 second intervals ntm, etc. anyone have any suggestions ? Should I have them at the same spot opposite of each other and run them on pulse anti sync?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all I have a question I’ve been trying to figure out for a while now. My tank is a 24x24 cube and I have to mp10, one is positioned on the upper left wall of the tank near the front glass and the 2nd is lower left wall near the back glass. Both pumps blow left to right. My question is how to I simulate the gentle pulse motion I see on videos on you tube. Like when the corals gently pulses back and fourth. I’ve tried all different kinds of settings like pulse mode at 1 , .75, .50 ,.25 second intervals ntm, etc. anyone have any suggestions ? Should I have them at the same spot opposite of each other and run them on pulse anti sync?
Have the pumps on opposite sides of the tank facing each other. Put them on the blue setting (short pulse mode) and have them synched (white ring on the slave pump) turn the pump up to your maximum speed, hit set and then turn it until you find a wave you like :)

OP
OP
LEOreefer

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the pumps on opposite sides of the tank facing each other. Put them on the blue setting (short pulse mode) and have them synched (white ring on the slave pump) turn the pump up to your maximum speed, hit set and then turn it until you find a wave you like :)
Thanks! I have them hooked up to my apex so I will have to play around with that

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back