Need help with trident/apex

Ryannewell1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
Chesapeake virginia 23322
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any1 have the scoop on APIs aquaspin water parameter reader? My lfs uses it for testing water. (I currently run trident/apex) but my trident is reading alot lower than my hand testers(hanna) and my LFS api aquaspin machine. And yes i have recalibrated my trident already didnt change. Any help would be great. Torn on what to follow and use as far a numbers. Ill attach my lfs numbers on the paper/ versus my trident readings. ..

Screenshot_20211016-140746_APEX Fusion.jpg 20211016_134031.jpg
 
Does any1 have the scoop on APIs aquaspin water parameter reader? My lfs uses it for testing water. (I currently run trident/apex) but my trident is reading alot lower than my hand testers(hanna) and my LFS api aquaspin machine. And yes i have recalibrated my trident already didnt change. Any help would be great. Torn on what to follow and use as far a numbers. Ill attach my lfs numbers on the paper/ versus my trident readings. ..

Screenshot_20211016-140746_APEX Fusion.jpg 20211016_134031.jpg
What am I missing - it looks like the paper version alkalinity is 7.7 and your Trident is 8.39? So - isn't your trident reading 'higher'?

As to the question - Did you take the samples at the same time (i.e. the trident and your LFS)? Did you completely remove all the air from the sample you brought to the LFS? Did you bring the sample quickly to the store? Was the temperature the same?

Anyway - I dont know what your Hanna is reading - but I would not be concerned with 8.39 and 7.7. And having said that - if I have 2 pieces of equipment reading the same and a third one that off (assuming taking into account the margin of error in the test) - I would tend to believe the 2 that are matching.
 
What am I missing - it looks like the paper version alkalinity is 7.7 and your Trident is 8.39? So - isn't your trident reading 'higher'?

As to the question - Did you take the samples at the same time (i.e. the trident and your LFS)? Did you completely remove all the air from the sample you brought to the LFS? Did you bring the sample quickly to the store? Was the temperature the same?

Anyway - I dont know what your Hanna is reading - but I would not be concerned with 8.39 and 7.7. And having said that - if I have 2 pieces of equipment reading the same and a third one that off (assuming taking into account the margin of error in the test) - I would tend to believe the 2 that are matching.
Same timeframe and yes my hanna reader is closer to the lfs paper reading
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new