Need help with trident/apex

Ryannewell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any1 have the scoop on APIs aquaspin water parameter reader? My lfs uses it for testing water. (I currently run trident/apex) but my trident is reading alot lower than my hand testers(hanna) and my LFS api aquaspin machine. And yes i have recalibrated my trident already didnt change. Any help would be great. Torn on what to follow and use as far a numbers. Ill attach my lfs numbers on the paper/ versus my trident readings. ..

Screenshot_20211016-140746_APEX Fusion.jpg 20211016_134031.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does any1 have the scoop on APIs aquaspin water parameter reader? My lfs uses it for testing water. (I currently run trident/apex) but my trident is reading alot lower than my hand testers(hanna) and my LFS api aquaspin machine. And yes i have recalibrated my trident already didnt change. Any help would be great. Torn on what to follow and use as far a numbers. Ill attach my lfs numbers on the paper/ versus my trident readings. ..

Screenshot_20211016-140746_APEX Fusion.jpg 20211016_134031.jpg
What am I missing - it looks like the paper version alkalinity is 7.7 and your Trident is 8.39? So - isn't your trident reading 'higher'?

As to the question - Did you take the samples at the same time (i.e. the trident and your LFS)? Did you completely remove all the air from the sample you brought to the LFS? Did you bring the sample quickly to the store? Was the temperature the same?

Anyway - I dont know what your Hanna is reading - but I would not be concerned with 8.39 and 7.7. And having said that - if I have 2 pieces of equipment reading the same and a third one that off (assuming taking into account the margin of error in the test) - I would tend to believe the 2 that are matching.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS - I would not be nervous about an alkalinity of 7.7 vs 8.39 either way.

OP
OP
Ryannewell1

Ryannewell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What am I missing - it looks like the paper version alkalinity is 7.7 and your Trident is 8.39? So - isn't your trident reading 'higher'?

As to the question - Did you take the samples at the same time (i.e. the trident and your LFS)? Did you completely remove all the air from the sample you brought to the LFS? Did you bring the sample quickly to the store? Was the temperature the same?

Anyway - I dont know what your Hanna is reading - but I would not be concerned with 8.39 and 7.7. And having said that - if I have 2 pieces of equipment reading the same and a third one that off (assuming taking into account the margin of error in the test) - I would tend to believe the 2 that are matching.
Same timeframe and yes my hanna reader is closer to the lfs paper reading

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back