Need help with what type of AIO to buy

FindingPonyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm not necessarily new to the hobby, but I'm interested in getting a new nano AIO. I was thinking 14-20 gallons and my budget is $250 or less. I'd prefer if it came with the filtration socks, carbon, etc. Not just the overflow and nothing else. Thank you!!

MaxxuM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not going to find many AIO over 14g including gear for less than $250 unless you go used. The Fluval EVO 13.5 is probably the most affordable AIO you're going to find. You can upgrade the lights with some small strips to increase the types of corals you can keep and it comes with everything you'll need to start. Add a better return and wave pump and it will be a little over $250. The Fluval EVO has its drawbacks like over-heating and lower pH due to a sealed hood (nano skimmer can address pH). Total cost of ownership is close to $600 if you don't have all the gear and you know where to find good deals.

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look around for used tanks too, offer up, Craigslist, and the classifieds here all have good deals on occasion

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back