Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stingray77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stingray77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
harvset , Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to change all the sand and rock in my reef tank and add back a black live sand with dry rock. ... but I have a refugium that I am not going to mess with to keep all the bacteria that I can possible even though do you believe that I might have bad ammonia spikes because I'm trying to keep everything as stable as possible please detailed tips I would extremely appreciated it!
Thank you...
 
You are going to have spikes because the n cycle has to start for all of the new stuff you added it is just like when you add new fish if you tested after adding a new fish you will have a spike of ammonia while the Eco system restabilizes but it would be much bigger with the change you want to do
 
So how should I do it should I take all the sand out and keep the rocks and put new locks in and take the old rocks out later after maybe a month what do you think about that and add the new fresh sand?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new