Need more testers for Aquarium Camera app ver 2.0

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome to see this come available! I’ve been searching for an app that has color temp options beyond 8K but to no avail. I have an 8-lamp T5 with a wide mix of lamps and almost all photos are just too blue. Great idea! Thanks for what appears to be a great resolution for a long-term problem for many folks.

Bryan MD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. It's been a crazy past 2 weeks.

I launched an iOS app that corrects blue light shift called 'Aquarium Camera' http://aquariumcameraapp.com. ReefBuilders picked it up and a lot of people got the results they wanted, but a good number of people did not. What I didn't see coming is that a LOT of you were looking for flat out blue adjustment in heavy actinic/blue tanks vs perceptual correction. I'm actually more impressed how many of you really rip your blues. Seriously, you guys are NUTS about your fluorescents.

I now have a new version (2.0) ready to go. It quadrupled the lines of code. Based on a few 1-star reviews (and angry emails) and not having access to that many tanks/lights... I'm nervous. I'm a quality + expectations freak, so getting those emails was pretty gutting.

Would anybody be willing to help test the new version? There is a link to sign up on the site. You get to play with the app for free and I'll send out promo codes once it's launched so it stays that way. I'd like to get 20 people in there just to give the app some hell.

Let me know!
Just downloaded your app! Thanks!

Hitmans reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11D92738-9A0F-401D-8F33-453595AD0FD6.jpeg
0D256662-6802-444A-A813-A3EEC300ED31.jpeg
Have had the app for a while been waiting for this, I’m signed up let me know what u think
Top photo was with the app, but snap seed uses warmth and saturation to help with the blues (see bottom pic) but neither can eliminate the blues without the other apps help

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11D92738-9A0F-401D-8F33-453595AD0FD6.jpeg
0D256662-6802-444A-A813-A3EEC300ED31.jpeg
Have had the app for a while been waiting for this, I’m signed up let me know what u think
Top photo was with the app, but snap seed uses warmth and saturation to help with the blues (see bottom pic) but neither can eliminate the blues without the other apps help
Thanks for sharing. Those are great tips. At some point this app is just going to be covered in sliders, haha. Super good tips. I'll see about trying those in version 3 a little down the road because your results are really great.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back