Need more testers for Aquarium Camera app ver 2.0

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too shabby! I feel like the blue adjustment range is still too high. Shot on an iPhone 6s under ATI T5 (1 Coral Plus, 3 Blue Plus, 2 True Actintic).

6B0F66A9-A59C-47F3-8682-7D6FB370E756.jpeg
What kind of crab is that?

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which control are you referring to? The yellow to blue light or the rgb controls? Curious more what you're app settings are looking like.
I was referring to the blue of rbg. The blue is still too strong, and I don't even run my lights as blue as some people. I can increase green and red to compensate, but this just throws off the balance.

Here is a shot with my settings for reference...

B09C60CC-CFC7-4AA8-BDC5-84A47AA2117C.jpeg

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, super appreciate the pics and comments. Keep them coming!

All of you testing should have a version that fixes the broken (R)ed slider now. I have some ideas in order to simplify the interface and perhaps add a quick overview of what the sliders do. I was hoping that after a bunch of testing I could go back to have just 1 slider in the app but as it turns out each light and each coral needs a little different recipe of sliders. So, back to the drawing board to make this easy to use again, ha.

Major feedback items so far:
  • Return to default controls - an easy way to return to defaults if you went a little too nuts with sliders :-D
  • Tutorial screen - might be nice to do a quick overview of the different controls or try to simplify the app
  • Add numeric values - let me see numbers on all sliders so I can return to the ones that work best
  • Warmth and Saturation - can we control this as a bonus 2 more values
  • Brightness - wayyy too sensitive, it's blowing out shots
  • Blueness over-compensation - need a way to accommodate tanks that aren't blue light specials
  • Provide a simple / advanced mode for those of you who were perfectly fine with the single slider of version 1.0
  • Edit already taken photos - be able to edit photos already taken (not sure I can do this totally because pre-shot is the ideal time to adjust)
I think, this version 2.0 is good to go as-is, so that I can start work on a few more of the bullets above.
Any objections?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Not at all. I really didn’t get a chance to play with it too much and will have more time with heavy blues tomorrow but feel free to use em. I’ll post up some more tomorrow.

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Not at all. I really didn’t get a chance to play with it too much and will have more time with heavy blues tomorrow but feel free to use em. I’ll post up some more tomorrow.
Rockin, thanks! I'll wait to see how they look when put to the test, haha.

BuckT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the red slider is working, much easier to adjust. Still struggling with the dark purples in the blues. Reds pinks oranges pretty easy to match visually.
f7acc8b6ceea912fed215a74764e72dc.jpg

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the red slider is working, much easier to adjust. Still struggling with the dark purples in the blues. Reds pinks oranges pretty easy to match visually.
f7acc8b6ceea912fed215a74764e72dc.jpg

Oh, interesting. Dark purples being a problem is actually a good insight. If you do end up getting a combination that works well with the current app I'd love to know the values. Super appreciate the feedback and image post.

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I'd love before/afters if you guys are able to just to benchmark how well the app is working.

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we buy the aquarium app 1.0 do we get an update for 2.0? Or do we have to buy it all over again?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back