Need Pump Suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter EliMelly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EliMelly

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2022
Messages
2,732
Reaction score
3,901
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
Hello,

I have a 200 gallon Red Sea 750, I’ve been using the Red Sea reef run 9000 pump but it’s been finicky and gave way out of nowhere. I will clean it and do my best to get it up and running but something just feels off. I’m using an old sycce pump but I feel like it’s not enough power. Any suggestions?
 
Hello,

I have a 200 gallon Red Sea 750, I’ve been using the Red Sea reef run 9000 pump but it’s been finicky and gave way out of nowhere. I will clean it and do my best to get it up and running but something just feels off. I’m using an old sycce pump but I feel like it’s not enough power. Any suggestions?
I plan on replacing mine with
EcoTech vectra when needed. I haven’t used them yet but I’ve heard they’re pretty good minus some hiccups with the app but I don’t plan on using the app for them. They are a little pricey though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new