Need recommendations on a cube

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a 30 ish gallon cube preferably a AIO that I will be using for a QT. I had a bio cube 24 for about a year and then it split and dumped water all over my second floor. So now I want to get an acrylic tank to replace it, thanks for the help.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have suggested IM, very well built AIOs for a good price (as long as you steer clear of the 30 long) which you dont want anyway. But if you want acrylic built you're probably looking at a custom job for that size of tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midknightskie

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I may need to just go glass and hope I get a better experience than my bio cube that lasted about a year. I took a look and I may just go with the IM 40 for my QT.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM40 is a pretty solid tank from what I've read. plenty of members here have them and love them.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 breeder as a DIY AIO. I trimmed a piece of eggcrate to divide about 6" out where I keep the HOB filter, heater, powerhead, and ATO switches. Total cost was probably about $150 or so.

Aesthetics wasn't high on the priorities list since it's in my basement, but figured it was worth mentioning if you are looking for compact and not necessarily sleek.

OP
OP
Midknightskie

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same for garage but it gets to hot in there for a tank. So it's going to be in the upstairs hallway where it stays fairly cool. And no direct sun light.

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might wanna take a look into the Red Sea Reefer cube. They are a little more pricey but in the long run it worth it for sure :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Midknightskie

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang you Rex for saying that I been eyeing that setup thinking that it would be over kill for a QT.

OP
OP
Midknightskie

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to use it to QT my corals, softies and any fish before they move into my 300 gallon. So when I don't have QT items in there I guess it will just be empty. But always running incase I see something at the lfs I like [emoji16]

OP
OP
Midknightskie

Midknightskie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking at either a Red Sea Max 170 or just the standard 170, I am leaning more tword the Max series as it is more of a ready out the box type of setup. Seems like the Max series would give me what I need to QT livestock for my 300 gal main display.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back