Need some help with aggressive fish

kaijor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2022
Messages
258
Reaction score
69
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have an aggressive Pygmy Hawkfish. I’m having problems introducing new fish to the reef tank. I was curious what you guys suggest? Should I return him to LFS? Or are there specific fish that I should get that might be compatible with his temperament?
 
Hi there,

I have an aggressive Pygmy Hawkfish. I’m having problems introducing new fish to the reef tank. I was curious what you guys suggest? Should I return him to LFS? Or are there specific fish that I should get that might be compatible with his temperament?
Placing the aggressive fish in an acclimation box for a couple weeks while the new fish settles may help.
 
Placing the aggressive fish in an acclimation box for a couple weeks while the new fish settles may help.
I’ll try this but how would I know when the right time is to release the aggressive fish from his acclimation box?
 
I’ll try this but how would I know when the right time is to release the aggressive fish from his acclimation box?
2 weeks and cross your fingers
 
Back to LFS if you don’t want to limit yourself.
Aggressive fish keep others under stress, and this can lead to poor health for others, and frustration for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new