OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, you bought the jug, the employee wrote ro, took it and filled it all at once?

Wondering if maybe some mixed salt into the ro holding tank at he shop. If that’s what happened I’m sure the shop will be glad you told them, or maybe someone already has?

Yes, the jug was bought brand new at the shop. He grabbed it from the back, filled it, wrote RO on it, and I bought it and stuck my RO pump in it not thinking twice about it. :(

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tham121988 I am really sorry to hear that, although I am pretty new to the hobby, the amount of work I have put into my tanks is a lot so I could not imagine the effort you put in with that nano and all the other ones your parents are looking after. Plan on going to med school next year so I understand the effort you put in a class and all we want is the reward of coming back and seeing the effort we put into our tanks! Hope it all works out, VERY interested to see what the LFS does. Good luck!

Thank you very much! Glad to see another reefer going into medicine. I wish you the best of luck. If you need any tips or advice on getting an acceptance please feel free to shoot me a pm. We can talk. Goodluck!

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear about your loss:(, I have been to those Lfs and they are all nice caring people. I hope they will make it right for you. I would love to help you out when you’re ready for more corals. I have a couple birds nest and red digi colonies I can give you as well as a couple Acro frags. Message me whenever if you’re interested, I live 15-20 minutes from Knoxville

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you being willing to help me with some frags. When I figure out what the shop will do for me, I will go from there. So nice to see so many people willing to help. Kudos!

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I talked to my friend today. He said he'd help hook ya up! He's a professional. If you are interested, pm me!

That's wonderful Katrina. I really appreciate it. I heard back from the store. I am going to take in the RO jug and some water samples and they said we would see what we can do. So I will keep everyone posted.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, at some point in all of our reefer careers we have had a crash, so you r not alone in this. Personally, mine crashed between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. I lost a lot of money in coral and was also in a dark place temporarily. Then I realized it now gave me the opportunity to do what i wouldn’t have done otherwise, to switch my tank to a sps dominate tank. Hang in their and keep your head up.

ACF930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. However, I'm very glad to see that you're handling this situation very professionally, rationally and positively. I hope you get the help needed to re-build, as learning situations like this will only make you more successful in the future.

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! Glad to see another reefer going into medicine. I wish you the best of luck. If you need any tips or advice on getting an acceptance please feel free to shoot me a pm. We can talk. Goodluck!

If you are serious I would love to pm you! Any help would be great

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, at some point in all of our reefer careers we have had a crash, so you r not alone in this. Personally, mine crashed between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. I lost a lot of money in coral and was also in a dark place temporarily. Then I realized it now gave me the opportunity to do what i wouldn’t have done otherwise, to switch my tank to a sps dominate tank. Hang in their and keep your head up.

It sounds like it is part of the hobby. Its at this point where you can learn from it or leave defeated. I've never been the one to quit. So onwards I go. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Keep your head up as well man. Goodluck!

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. However, I'm very glad to see that you're handling this situation very professionally, rationally and positively. I hope you get the help needed to re-build, as learning situations like this will only make you more successful in the future.

Thank you. I learned from my younger years that getting heated in situations only makes it worse. You tend to get better treatment if you treat others with respect and courtesy. We all make mistakes.

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are serious I would love to pm you! Any help would be great

Absolutely. My dad has been an OB/GYN for 40 years and I've been in school for a year and half, so I can offer some decent insight into it. It wasn't easy to get in and I've been on this path for quite awhile. I learned a lot along the way. Things to do and not to do. Whats worth your time and not. One thing I can say... if you are serious about going into medical school (MD or DO)... buckle up and get ready. Its an... experience. lol

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tham121988 honestly that would be amazing. I have been pre-med since freshman year (of Undergrad) and have not looked back. I have many family members in the medical field but having outside resources sure would give me information that would not go to waste :)

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tham121988 honestly that would be amazing. I have been pre-med since freshman year (of Undergrad) and have not looked back. I have many family members in the medical field but having outside resources sure would give me information that would not go to waste :)

That is wonderful to hear. Shoot me a pm when you are ready and we can discuss it further. A lot has changed with the MCAT as I'm sure you know.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I talked to my friend today. He said he'd help hook ya up! He's a professional. If you are interested, pm me!

upload_2019-5-24_14-16-33.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The responsibility is on the LFS however they can argue that you should have tested water ( why as they are supposed to be selling good product) or burden of proof.
This is a sad occasion and could have been avoided and if the LFS has ANY decency or dignity, they would/should work with you on this.

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone so much for the support. I’m still taking it all in. I am going to contact them first thing in the morning. I hate to bring any issue to them because they have been very nice to us including the guy who filled the jug. I have to take some blame because I should have double and triple checked the water. What a terrible mistake. It sure will take some time to get over it. I hope I can get it corrected and rebuild it back up slowly. Thanks again everyone. Means a lot!
If you lfs truley cares about you as you admire them, they should be happy to help and make right what they wronged. Good luck.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics :/

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

After

after 2.jpg
Damm!!

Those pictures really hurt.

Speak to the LFS, explain the situation and hopefully they can help.

You can always point to this forum and this thread and ask them to comment!

Hope you stay in the hobby. If you were in England I would have helped with some free frags.

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If and when you are ready, I would like to donate a free Rose BTA to you. All I ask is you pay for shipping. PM if you would like one.

That would be absolutely amazing. I will shoot you a pm in a few. Thank you so much!!!

OP
OP
Tham121988

Tham121988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damm!!

Those pictures really hurt.

Speak to the LFS, explain the situation and hopefully they can help.

You can always point to this forum and this thread and ask them to comment!

Hope you stay in the hobby. If you were in England I would have helped with some free frags.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back