Neglected tank clean up help!?

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have to resort to another rip clean I will do this. Water clarity finally stabilized and the acrylic is pretty scratched up. Can’t tell unless you’re up close but I’m a big night time watcher and I like to get close to see the little bristle worms and other creepy nighttime critters lol
Yea, I’d do the tank polish next time I do a rip clean, I’m sure the clearer tank appearance will be well worth when watching the tank at nighttime. I just added a few things to my tank which made it even more clearer and honestly it had me wondering why I didn’t just do it earlier, it just makes the tank 10x better. Also if you like the spirobid worms then it’s not an issue as they are filter feeders so would help clean water to some extent. I would be careful though because if they’re already on the rocks they can multiply pretty quickly, pros and cons because if they’re multiplying pretty fast, that gives you a vague idea of water quality also. It does depend on what you’re feeding them so next time your ordering more food I’d maybe try another brand?

Back