OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A specific gravity of 1.010 will work of course, but it is riskier to the fish than 1.013 would be. For ich, people go as low as 1.009, but you must have a solidly accurate measuring device for that, one that you have utmost confidence in. I have a German glass laboratory hydrometer that I use to test my other devices against. Perhaps go to 1.011? That would ensure you are below 1.013, but not too low...

Jay
Thank you

OP
OP
C

Carl Cardarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Carl,

Sorry to hear that. In my experience, there are NO reef safe ich medications (tonics really) that work for active ich infections and that are also reef safe. My preferred treatment is to move ALL the fish to a treatment tank and dose with copper. That of course, is a treatment that is very difficult to do and fraught with possible errors.

If you positively have to try and treat the fish in the tank, you could try Polyp Lab Medic. It is a peroxide salt, so in theory, it should work on ich.

If the fish have an advanced ich infection (more than about 30 spots on one fish) then time is off the essence as the disease will proceed very quickly from that point.

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back