neoGeorge's Build: One Reef & One Planted Freshwater

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pretty good system. My main concern going forward is where to get the tank filled. This is my first CO2 tank experience, so not sure if the threads or construction of this 1L (2 pound) tank will pose challenges to CO2 vendors. I'm estimating the tank will hold about 45 days worth of CO2...
The Co2 tank looks like a paintball tank. If so call Dick's sporting goods in Cleveland many recharge paint ball co2 canisters

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if it’s the same threads has the paintball canisters they are easy to find. I have three and will probably add a 4 the at some point. Only have to fill up every few months.

Info on the tank indicates CGA 320 threads; do you happen to know if that is the standard for paintball canisters?

upload_2019-4-14_4-21-4.png

upload_2019-4-14_4-22-7.png

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Info on the tank indicates CGA 320 threads; do you happen to know if that is the standard for paintball canisters?

upload_2019-4-14_4-21-4.png

upload_2019-4-14_4-22-7.png

Well, I just did a little research on this topic and learned probably more than I'll ever need to know. CGA 320 is the standard size for a CO2 tank. "CGA" is an acronym that stands for Compressed Gas Attachment. It is my understanding that paintball tanks use a different size. However, there are adapters that are readily available to convert the CGA 320 to the paintball size should you want to reload them at Dick's Sporting Goods or the like. Just for fun, here is a link to the standards for CGA tanks.

https://www.concoa.com/cgachart.html

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just did a little research on this topic and learned probably more than I'll ever need to know. CGA 320 is the standard size for a CO2 tank. "CGA" is an acronym that stands for Compressed Gas Attachment. It is my understanding that paintball tanks use a different size. However, there are adapters that are readily available to convert the CGA 320 to the paintball size should you want to reload them at Dick's Sporting Goods or the like. Just for fun, here is a link to the standards for CGA tanks.

Thanks @crusso1993 !

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I2UMZ2...olid=24OQMD6J3999H&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

upload_2019-4-14_8-3-52.png

upload_2019-4-14_8-3-25.png

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test results from yesterday (taken before the freshwater water change):

Planted tank: pH about 6.6 and small amount of nitrate (plants and shrimp only at this time)
65g_planted_testresults_14apr19-3540.jpg

Reef: nitrates around 20. Two fish (midas blenny and tri-color wrasse) and no corals in this tank for now
65g_reef_testresults_14apr19-3539.jpg

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Question:

I am planning to re-home the six line wrasse (bullies my yellow assessor) and lawnmower blenny before the move:
  1. How do I capture the fish?
  2. What's the best way to find them a new home? (They are not expensive fish, but are beautiful specimens and I would like them to have a good new home!)

Algaewarrior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Question:

I am planning to re-home the six line wrasse (bullies my yellow assessor) and lawnmower blenny before the move:
  1. How do I capture the fish?
  2. What's the best way to find them a new home? (They are not expensive fish, but are beautiful specimens and I would like them to have a good new home!)
Since you don't have corals I would take the rocks out. They will have nowhere to hide.
Try your local lfs to replace or get store credit. That's what I do.

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you don't have corals I would take the rocks out. They will have nowhere to hide.
Try your local lfs to replace or get store credit. That's what I do.

Thanks @Algaewarrior ; my current tank is a Nano Cube 28g with lots of corals and rocks (hiding places and little room for a net!). I've seen articles about fish traps, but they tend to be pricey ($50+) and would not be practical in this situation...

NanoCube28snapshot-3427.jpg

Back