Neptune Apex 200 Error

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have an open ticket with Neptune and am awaiting a response. Since everything on my Neptune Apex with my two energy bars is down I had to reroute pumps and anything essential to regular power.

My Neptune Apex is suddenly giving me an error 200 when I can logon; however most of the time I cannot logon, even with my known password. I am accessing this directly to the IP address, which I can get to (ping response). At the time it happened I was simply looking at one of my graphs. Everything shutdown (I still have status lights on the Apex), and only 1 port on one energy bar is powered and 2 on the other. I have rebooted it, completely pulled power to it. The only recent event that I had was that I updated the firmware 5 hours prior. It worked completely fine after the update... until now.

As an aside I have already attempted to look up that error with very little success. Most responses have been reboot the Apex.

Any help appreciated. At this point I am at the mercy of Neptune Support's response time...

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. I heard back from Neptune support on this. They want to schedule a call for NEXT WEEK! My Apex is completely down, which means my ATK, my dosing pumps, everything else will be offline until then.

I really like the Apex when it works, but if there is a failure and you cannot get timely support, then the product is only as good as that support.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update... so given that I was going to have to wait a week for support I went ahead and did a factor reset. Unfortunately in having to do that I lost all of my configuration. The good news is that I now have access again. My power ports came back up and I can login again.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this pretty disappointing, I had responded to the support folks about my displeasure of having to wait for potentially a week (will be 4 days) they didn't even acknowledge my concern. Emails below (redacted some information, emphasis added on my concern):

Hi xxxxxx,

Thank you, we have confirmed your scheduled support session:

DATE/TIME: 1/20/20 xxx PM Pacific
Phone Number: (xxx)xxx-xxxx
Ticket Number:
http://support.neptunesystems.com/helpdesk/tickets/160225

We could call as much as 15 minutes before or after this scheduled time. If you do not hear from us within 15 minutes of your scheduled time, please feel free to respond to this email. If you could, please download our Neptune Systems screen-sharing program and install it and ready on your computer.

For PC/Mac:
  1. Go to Neptune Systems' Screen Share Support Portal
  2. Read the disclaimer
  3. Run the file
  4. Have your 9 digit client ID ready. The downloaded program will give you.
  5. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.

Please Reference Ticket: http://support.neptunesystems.com/helpdesk/tickets/160225

Thank you,

Neptune Systems Support Team
-------------------------------------
Morgan Wood
Agent, Technical Support
T: 408-275-2205

Neptune Systems
Less Hassle, More Success
www.NeptuneSystems.com

Check out our community at: forum.neptunesystems.com
Neptune Systems has provided an example of programming or setup assistance that you have requested either in a written form, verbally, and/or through a remote screen share session. By using this program you agree Neptune Systems LLC, in addition to any other terms and conditions of business between us, that Neptune Systems LCC, its' directors, employees, agents and contractors ("Neptune") shall not be liable, (without limitation to the generality in contract, tort or breach of statutory duty) for any and all special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages (including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data, or corruption of data, loss of goodwill, or reputation or wasted management time) which may be incurred or experienced as a result of Neptune providing this support. Such authority may only be revoked upon written notice to Neptune and acknowledgement to you of our receipt of such notice.

While Neptune believes it has provided accurate programming for your request, we recommend that all programming be tested thoroughly before being put into use.

On Thu, 16 Jan at 5:24 PM , xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I am available any day next week except Tuesday or Friday. I find it very disappointing that we cannot get this resolved sooner as I run everything off of this, including my ATK, dosers, all my other devices. This puts me in quite a bind.

Is there anything that I can try between now and then in terms of resetting the Apex?

xxxx

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [#160225] Apex is no longer working

Hi xxxxxxx,

Let's setup a phone support session to speak with you.

We are scheduling for next week.

Read the information below:

It's requested that you send a Date, Call Time, Timezone and your Contact number to schedule a phone support session when you are going to be near your Apex Controller.

We are typically available for phone support between 9-5 pm Pacific, Monday- Friday. If you could, please download from step #1 below, our Neptune Systems screen-sharing program from our website by following the instructions below.

For PC/Mac:
  1. Go to Neptune Systems' Screen Share Support Portal
  2. Read the disclaimer
  3. Click on Windows Version or MAC Version to download.
  4. Run the program
  5. Have your 9 digit client ID ready(This will appear when you run the program)
  6. After we have confirmed our availability at this date and time we will send you a confirmation email.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.

Please Reference Ticket: http://support.neptunesystems.com/helpdesk/tickets/160225

Thank you,

Neptune Systems Support Team
-------------------------------------
Morgan Wood
Agent, Technical Support
T: 408-275-2205

Neptune Systems
Less Hassle, More Success
www.NeptuneSystems.com

Check out our community at: forum.neptunesystems.com
Neptune Systems has provided an example of programming or setup assistance that you have requested either in a written form, verbally, and/or through a remote screen share session. By using this program you agree Neptune Systems LLC, in addition to any other terms and conditions of business between us, that Neptune Systems LCC, its' directors, employees, agents and contractors ("Neptune") shall not be liable, (without limitation to the generality in contract, tort or breach of statutory duty) for any and all special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages (including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data, or corruption of data, loss of goodwill, or reputation or wasted management time) which may be incurred or experienced as a result of Neptune providing this support. Such authority may only be revoked upon written notice to Neptune and acknowledgement to you of our receipt of such notice.

While Neptune believes it has provided accurate programming for your request, we recommend that all programming be tested thoroughly before being put into use.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you had a backup file to just uplad your programming?
Fortunately I had most of it, some of the more recent configs I didn't backup. The scary thing is that my heaters don't have a separate controller so you guess the first thing I had to go purchase.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a used Apex and have been trying to get it up and running and keep getting the error 200 when I try and login. I've already had it factory reset and everything. Then when I click "retry" the screen just goes blank and I can't even get the login screen to come up again without resetting up the wifi connection.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was given a used Apex and have been trying to get it up and running and keep getting the error 200 when I try and login. I've already had it factory reset and everything. Then when I click "retry" the screen just goes blank and I can't even get the login screen to come up again without resetting up the wifi connection.
I ended up doing a full reset to fix mine which required holding the reset button for 60+ seconds, that resolved my issue.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah sorry to hear that.... hopefully they can get you back up and running, let us know what you find out from them.

So mine was running fine after waiting for a week to do a walk through with support. Last night I set up a secondary mesh wifi network in the house, tried to get the Apex to connect to it, no luck. Tried to get it connected back to the old Wifi, no luck. Tried hardwiring back into the extender like it was before, nothing. Now when I try and log into apex.local I get that dang error 200 again. Dosing pump, heater, etc all are plugged into this. I'm beginning to not like this thing.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mine was running fine after waiting for a week to do a walk through with support. Last night I set up a secondary mesh wifi network in the house, tried to get the Apex to connect to it, no luck. Tried to get it connected back to the old Wifi, no luck. Tried hardwiring back into the extender like it was before, nothing. Now when I try and log into apex.local I get that dang error 200 again. Dosing pump, heater, etc all are plugged into this. I'm beginning to not like this thing.
I hear you, I didn't have much luck with the Wifi. I work in IT, I have 4 or 5 different Wifi routers, the Apex was very flaky with all of them. It's something to do with their network stack on the device. I went back to hardwired which is very stable. At this point I wouldn't recommend using Wifi. To that end, when I had the problem I originally posted about it happened while wired, so that truly pointed to the fact that I think I had a flaky update.

My new issue with with my ATK, it randomly errors out. I simply go back and set it back to Auto and it will work fine for some period of time... could be days, weeks or just hours.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you, I didn't have much luck with the Wifi. I work in IT, I have 4 or 5 different Wifi routers, the Apex was very flaky with all of them. It's something to do with their network stack on the device. I went back to hardwired which is very stable. At this point I wouldn't recommend using Wifi. To that end, when I had the problem I originally posted about it happened while wired, so that truly pointed to the fact that I think I had a flaky update.

My new issue with with my ATK, it randomly errors out. I simply go back and set it back to Auto and it will work fine for some period of time... could be days, weeks or just hours.

I'd love to hard wire it, unfortunately the only way I can do that is to an extender in that room so it's really still "wifi". When we move into a new house we will have network drops put in every where so we can actually hard wire things like this. I was able to finally get it connected to my new network which is an eeros mesh network. I had to log into the local through the old school, IP method and then link the "new" Apex to my fusion account. It seems to be working now. Of course I had to reset all my outlets and stuff but better than it not working.

OP
OP
mav1ms

mav1ms

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I have another problem... I have had two of my outlets on my EB832 Energy Bar go out... I have contacted Neptune support to see what they say on it. The EB832 is only 2 years old.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back