Neptune APEX COR15 pump failure!

beachsidereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Folks,

Got an emergency here, only 1-week old cor15 pump I use for recirculation failed after feeding. The pump seemed to be acting normal all week since it's orginal install, I'm only running it at 15% if that matters. I entered into feed mode which shut the pump off. After feed mode finished (15 minutes, the pump didn't turn on, the module was illuminated RED and on my App it indicated a ovr-curr. I checked to see if the impeller was jammed, no problem there. I then disconnected the power to the pump module and plugged it back in. Light is still red, pump isn't moving water.

I'm hoping someone can help ASAP as this is my recirc pump so I need to get it going. I called Apex tech support, line rang about 15 times and then went to voice mail.

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Folks,

Got an emergency here, only 1-week old cor15 pump I use for recirculation failed after feeding. The pump seemed to be acting normal all week since it's orginal install, I'm only running it at 15% if that matters. I entered into feed mode which shut the pump off. After feed mode finished (15 minutes, the pump didn't turn on, the module was illuminated RED and on my App it indicated a ovr-curr. I checked to see if the impeller was jammed, no problem there. I then disconnected the power to the pump module and plugged it back in. Light is still red, pump isn't moving water.

I'm hoping someone can help ASAP as this is my recirc pump so I need to get it going. I called Apex tech support, line rang about 15 times and then went to voice mail.

This appears to have been seen on the Neptune forum a couple of times. I'd recommend doing a quick tear down checking that your o-ring is properly seated and the impeller has no obstructions (maybe a really small snail that you missed). I see you said it rotates freely. Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
B

beachsidereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to have been seen on the Neptune forum a couple of times. I'd recommend doing a quick tear down checking that your o-ring is properly seated and the impeller has no obstructions (maybe a really small snail that you missed). I see you said it rotates freely. Best of luck to you!

Not sure which O ring you're talking about. Is it located when you unscrew the housing using the tool they give you in the box?

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1582327322233.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back