Neptune APEX Reliability (Shocking in my experience!)

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was so happy for three days now I am very nervous please somebody tell me they have seen this before. Totally freaking out

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Weird- I got one of the first apex 0216 units and other than Salinity probes issues and ATK very moody..... Ive been trouble free and this has been on two different tanks.
My Apex Classic is 4 years old and also trouble free. Probes and all.

AnxiousReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading most of your replies I’m beginning to see Apex isn’t the best system that every claims it is. Is there any other
Systems like apex who from experience with can vouch that it’s a way better system then Apex?

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen

E2AA52C9-5C28-4AB7-BE14-156FF879D897.png

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can tell from posts and reading around it is the new one that has problems and they seem to be the head unit not the software

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading most of your replies I’m beginning to see Apex isn’t the best system that every claims it is. Is there any other
Systems like apex who from experience with can vouch that it’s a way better system then Apex?
Are you new to reefing? If so I would suggest that you don't get a controller for a while you develop a blue thumb.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had new Apex three days already seeing serious problems. Woke up this morning and my readings were all static in same spot as when I went to sleep. Refuge light never came on as well. I unplug it to reset it (which I couldn't do if I was gone) and now salinity and orp probes are reading zero. This is supposed to be the reliable good stuff very worried and don't like what I'm seeing. If things don't go right with support today I will be looking for a new controller to run my tanks and my horticulture biz. They will be losing out if they can't make this right because some company is gonna make serious money off of me as a repeat customer as my needs are only growing.
What have you done to troubleshoot?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing this 15 years not that new

0AA587F5-39D1-4A4E-A9BE-D215E6462249.png

So, have you look at what that error means? You need to reset the fuse of the EB832, or it doesnt have power. If its the fuse, better take a look how you caused that.... doesnt really reflect reliability lol.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First turned off automatic time set to fix two clock bug in the head unit programming.I have reset it by unplugging. I haven't written any logic so can't be my code. Then tried to reset it with fusion came back showing no plugs on and no power consumption. Haven't tried recalibrating yet but not getting any readings at all on my orp or salinity so don't think that will help. Waiting for it to be 9 in Cali so I can reach Neptune that's it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First turned off automatic time set to fix two clock bug in the head unit programming.I have reset it by unplugging. I haven't written any logic so can't be my code. Then tried to reset it with fusion came back showing no plugs on and no power consumption. Haven't tried recalibrating yet but not getting any readings at all on my orp or salinity so don't think that will help. Waiting for it to be 9 in Cali so I can reach Neptune that's it.

Two clocks is not a bug..... you need to set your time zone for automatic to work. I’m thinking your issues are just basic misunderstandings rather than a reflection of reliability.

Unplugging does not reset the EB832 fuse. Look it up..... or yeah wait to call them so they can walk you through.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs told me they won't take a return because I used it at all. So I just got stuck with a controller that isn't working as well as my 5 dollar timers were. for almost a grand

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs told me they won't take a return because I used it at all. So I just got stuck with a controller that isn't working as well as my 5 dollar timers were. for almost a grand
That seems an unfair conclusion at this point. I get that you are frustrated, I have been there too, and I will bet that what is happening to you will end up being part of the learning curve. Look into what TheHarold mentioned or wait to talk to apex.

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a bug with dst takes unit up to a week to correct buy itself according to threads here and there are two ways to fix it one is to adjust time zone which doesn't work because I'm on the edge of time zone phone thinks one thing Apex another so I used second method manual set now clocks are right

Lifelongaquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't understand why fuse would trip I don't run my lights on it only return skimmer circulation pump heater and a fan. And how are things still running if fuse tripped?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 105 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back