Neptune Sky Settings & Schedule

Blakjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed 3 Neptune Sky lights above a new 220 gallon tank. It's just finishing up cycling and I began playing around with the new lights. I'm interested in whether anyone has these lights above a mixed sps/lps tank and if they could share their settings/schedule with me. The "out of the box" settings seem very intense versus my other lights. I'm just looking for a starting point to get things goings.

Tank size is 72x30x24
~9" above the water

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran their SKY program. The cool thing about their programs is if you find a "look" that you like you can set it there and the just turn the intensity up or down.

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran their SKY program. The cool thing about their programs is if you find a "look" that you like you can set it there and the just turn the intensity up or down.
I was happy with the setting too. But I’m more looking at how to get the most growth out of the coral. I would assume the coral need a little more blue

I currently have several stages

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the following settings for a few months. I am not thrilled
IMG_2139.jpeg

OP
OP
Blakjax

Blakjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump...anyone willing to share their settings profile. I'm not impressed and would like to think that my settings are wrong.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sky_profile.jpg

Moonlights are configured to follow lunar cycle for my location. I'll do the same for daylight once I get around to figuring out how to change both intensity and program within Fusion.

I wanted to find a balance between growth and color, hence the inclusion of the coral growth profile in the middle of the photoperiod.

I'm currently ramping up from 40% to 70% over my 40 breeder due to addition of a few new frags.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blakjax

Blakjax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sky_profile.jpg

Moonlights are configured to follow lunar cycle for my location. I'll do the same for daylight once I get around to figuring out how to change both intensity and program within Fusion.

I wanted to find a balance between growth and color, hence the inclusion of the coral growth profile in the middle of the photoperiod.

I'm currently ramping up from 40% to 70% over my 40 breeder due to addition of a few new frags.
Are you happy with the results thus far? What types of corals?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E4E181BE-ACA8-4A19-848E-F18F22D71E6B.jpeg

I just installed my sky’s, I had a reef breeder V2 70% max and 4 T5 bulbs.

the acclimated mode is at 10% brightness , seems very dim. Should I start at 40%? And every week move up 5% to 60% brightness?

thanks

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you happy with the results thus far? What types of corals?

just an update — I ended up adding a second fixture to my 40b. Acros weren’t doing well on the sides away from the light. A single fixture was acting more as a point light source. But that shouldn’t be much of a surprise. I’m sure I’d have had the same problem with Radions.

I’ll likely be upgrading to a 6’ tank next year and using 4-5 sky’s.

PaulieReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just an update — I ended up adding a second fixture to my 40b. Acros weren’t doing well on the sides away from the light. A single fixture was acting more as a point light source. But that shouldn’t be much of a surprise. I’m sure I’d have had the same problem with Radions.

I’ll likely be upgrading to a 6’ tank next year and using 4-5 sky’s.
I have 4 sky’s on my 380 (8ft) and the par was just lower than what I wanted it. Mainly because I didn’t run the lights at 100%. Instead I got a 60” orphrek led bar and pointed it towards the middle of the rock. My par is perfect now.
Sand bed around 150 and top of the rocks where my sps are going is between 300-400.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back