Neptune Systems Trident: Going, Going, GONE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Your post was at 11:33 AM. Pretty sure they said to start at 12:00 AM PST...seems you jump'd the gun either by pre-order or just opening the doors 27 minutes early. In either case they all sold out and in some cases in less than 2 minutes.

11:33 AM is after 12 AM. We actually didn't make the Triton available for sale until 7:30ish this morning.

U

User1

View Badges
11:33 AM is after 12 AM. We actually didn't make the Triton available for sale until 7:30ish this morning.

Clearly I'm falling asleep here and assumed you meant 11:33 PM because they suggested 12 AM.

And...we all know what happens when you assume. Thanks for clarifying. Was going to ask why you waited until later but that isn't important I guess.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Clearly I'm falling asleep here and assumed you meant 11:33 PM because they suggested 12 AM.

And...we all know what happens when you assume. Thanks for clarifying. Was going to ask why you waited until later but that isn't important I guess.

We were chastised last Friday for updating our Trident product page prematurely (we thought this was hidden from public view—and have made changes since to prevent it from happening again).

With so few units available in the first shipment, there wasn't much upside in doing an aggressive midnight launch, risking another mishap, and have our selling privileges revoked.

We prepared quite an extensive marketing push for the Trident—which we've reined in as we await shipment #2.

It's certainly been a wild day here in the office. The call center was blowing up! It's pretty fun to see this much excitement in our hobby. It felt like Black Friday!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there an option to pay and not have the wife figure it out? I’m beginning to think she is plotting my demise with this build

Ugh, I need this as well ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Just choose the "hide from wife" payment option during checkout!

checkout.png

U

User1

View Badges
We were chastised last Friday for updating our Trident product page prematurely (we thought this was hidden from public view—and have made changes since to prevent it from happening again).

With so few units available in the first shipment, there wasn't much upside in doing an aggressive midnight launch, risking another mishap, and have our selling privileges revoked.

We prepared quite an extensive marketing push for the Trident—which we've reined in as we await shipment #2.

It's certainly been a wild day here in the office. The call center was blowing up! It's pretty fun to see this much excitement in our hobby. It felt like Black Friday!

That is some honest to goodness honesty in the post. Much respect to you.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
How come I am not getting any notification when you are getting them in stock? I signed up multiple times but no venders are sending me an email :(

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How come I am not getting any notification when you are getting them in stock? I signed up multiple times but no venders are sending me an email :(

I dont think vendors have been refilled since the initial release. You'll get notified when they get the next batch in, no?

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
I dont think vendors have been refilled since the initial release. You'll get notified when they get the next batch in, no?
I read that people got notification and multiple stores got shipments but sell out before I can even find one. It’s kind of a joke at this point.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
We all pretty much knew this is how it was going to be. There was no way possible Neptune could make enough units available for everyone. A public timeline of when each new batch will be released would be very nice though so everyone has fair warning.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

We haven't received more stock yet. I believe other stores may have but it is totally possible they sold out even before their own emails were triggered. We are actually receiving less in the next shipment than we did in the first. But hopefully inventory replenishments will become more steady going forward! One thing that is reassuring is that feedback regarding setup, accuracy, and usability have been unanimously favorable.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

U

User1

View Badges
Hi Jeff - just wanted to say that I like the answers and vibes with regards to the posts. I've never purchased from MD before but that will change. May not be anything big, supplies, etc. But just wanted to say thanks. Has nothing to do with Trident obviously but just wanted to throw it out there that the responses have been great with enough information for clarity.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Jeff - just wanted to say that I like the answers and vibes with regards to the posts. I've never purchased from MD before but that will change. May not be anything big, supplies, etc. But just wanted to say thanks. Has nothing to do with Trident obviously but just wanted to throw it out there that the responses have been great with enough information for clarity.

I certainly appreciate you saying that! We would love to earn your business when the time comes. Feel free to reach out anytime you have a question or need anything: [email protected]. I think I speak on behalf of all of us at Marine Depot when I say that we really enjoy what we do! Ecommerce is fun in general, but the aquarium industry in particular is very dynamic and constantly evolving. Plus we have a great customers! :D

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Back