Neptune Trident without the cover and without faceplate

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if the Trident can operate normally without the cover and without faceplate. Are the readings affected by room light? I would love to leave it permanently without the cover shell and without the cuvette faceplate. That way I can inspect the reagent tubing has no kinks, the cuvette is filling/draining, etc...

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if the Trident can operate normally without the cover and without faceplate. Are the readings affected by room light? I would love to leave it permanently without the cover shell and without the cuvette faceplate. That way I can inspect the reagent tubing has no kinks, the cuvette is filling/draining, etc...
Did you contact Neptune and ask the company directly?

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would appreciate it if someone can share his/her experience and knowledge about this. Obviously, I'm not looking for an official answer from "the company".

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine without the cover and reagent tray, no issue.

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trident works like a colorometer checker, uses light to determine result. If your trident is in a dark place then there are no concerns with accuracy.

i read this on the Neptune community forum but I can’t site you the post. Take it for what it’s worth.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It couldn't hurt accuracy or consistency. Odds are that it may possibly improve the results. Mathematical facts, not my opinion.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would appreciate it if someone can share his/her experience and knowledge about this. Obviously, I'm not looking for an official answer from "the company".
The “official” answer may provide some important insights.

tsharpe291

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No isssue.
No issues for me, I was having problems with crazy readings and a phone support call with Neptune had me take it all apart and perform a couple checks and do some test runs and I just never put it back together and it works fine

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I took the drawer out and run the reagents outside the unit itself. Not a single issue. I leave the tinted cover plate on though.

Deven from ReefDudes has an awesome 3D printed mini Trident. The drawer is seriously the worst design they could have ever used. Constantly kinks the hoses when changing reagents

bestfishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as no light shines into the cuvette area during testing, no issue leaving covers off. Mine came with a broken cuvette cover, it always falls off. Just be super careful not to get any water on any of the circuit boards etc as that will turn your trident into an instant paperweight.

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running mine without the cover since I set it up but the cuvette cover is in place, no issues. Mine is in dark cabinet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back