Never dealing with Fedex again!

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually if you put glass fragile on the package and put a G Shock sensor on it and they trip that sensor they owe you money. They also make a temperature one.
one of these:
Shock Watch, Shockwatch in Stock - ULINE

If i seen one of those and I worked for FedEx/UPS i'd be treating that package with ultra sensitive care. More of a physiological thing.

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol wouldn't be surprised to see this in your local branch soon
complaint1-512x364.jpg

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually if you put glass fragile on the package and put a G Shock sensor on it and they trip that sensor they owe you money. They also make a temperature one.
one of these:
Shock Watch, Shockwatch in Stock - ULINE

If i seen one of those and I worked for FedEx/UPS i'd be treating that package with ultra sensitive care.

With all due respect, here is where you are incorrect.

When you go through FedEx Initiation Training, you are brainwashed to DESTROY, LOSE, DELAY, FREEZE, OVERHEAT, and, especially..............APPLY SERIOUS Gs....................AS MANY AS YOU POSBBILY CAN....AT ALL COST.

Now that you have the basics....you are FedEx certified. Get back to work. Or, just goof around...whichever you prefer.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with all due respect, here is where you are incorrect.

When you go through fedex initiation training, you are brainwashed to destroy, lose, delay, freeze, overheat, and, especially..............apply serious gs....................as many as you posbbily can....at all cost.

Now that you have the basics....you are fedex certified. Get back to work. Or, just goof around...whichever you prefer.

hahahaahahaha!

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahaahahaha!

I wish I could laugh. I really wish I could.

Would you like to know the grand total that FedEx has cost me? Sorry, I can't count that high.

A few weeks ago I was to receive a package from SexyCorals. Yes, I paid the big bucks for a shroom. NEVER GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fault of SexyCorals. The package just vanished in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, or wherever the crap the FedEx "hub" is.

Why in God's name would you send a package from SoCal, clear across the country, then back the Great American Southwest? I am not a rocket scientist, but, I AM NOT A FREAKING MORON EITHER (well, given the cost of the mushroom, that is debatable).

Please, whatever you do...don't get me started on UPS.

Oddly, I have never had a single issue with USPS.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a serious note..................................LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought something from The Captive Reef a while back. It came in an Igloo cooler. Bullet-proof. Take note. Please do.

I sent it with someone else, with corals in it. Hopefully, that individual will do the same. And so on...and so on...and so on.

We ship live animals. They deserve a chance against "the bad guys." The $10 cooler is worth a life, at least to me.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a serious note..................................LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought something from The Captive Reef a while back. It came in an Igloo cooler. Bullet-proof. Take note. Please do.

I sent it with someone else, with corals in it. Hopefully, that individual will do the same. And so on...and so on...and so on.

We ship live animals. They deserve a chance against "the bad guys." The $10 cooler is worth a life, at least to me.

Sounds like a cool idea, sadly enough my Uline 12"x11"x9" boxes cost $9 :sad:

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they most certainly do cost $9.

Want to talk about ProPaks? No, you don't. Not even by the pallet.

So, you saved $1. Worth it? Nope.

We actually got 4 pallets of ProPaks in and saved like $5 per box. But, I am not satisfied with the quality compared to Uline. ProPak is 3/4" thick vs 1.5-2" thick Uline. But I guess that would justify the cost.

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than a couple isolated instances, my dealings with FedEx have been ok. I did have some issues in the beginning when I was shipping from a local FedEx shop. It wasn't until Marvin told me I'd be better off shipping at the airport did things turn out best. The staff at the airport FedEx is great and they take care of my stuff. I'm usually in and out in within 15 seconds. Everything I ship is labeled so I don't have to wait on the line that is always present. Being that this is where all FedEx packages in southeastern Michigan feed into, the packages do much better when shipped from here. I also have until 9pm to drop off packages which is great. It is about 45-60 minutes round trip, but its worth it to ensure that the corals arrive safe.

But still, stuff does happen. I may have to check out UPS if it is cheaper to ship.

Sonny

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We actually got 4 pallets of ProPaks in and saved like $5 per box. But, I am not satisfied with the quality compared to Uline. ProPak is 3/4" thick vs 1.5-2" thick Uline. But I guess that would justify the cost.

I talked with ProPak on the phone once. I was shutting down a tank, and needed a lot of materials. The quote I got wasn't even in that ballpark. My eyes just got wide, and I went dead silent. All I can remember was hearing "Hello? Hello? Hello?"

I guess if you start talking in terms of 4 pallets, you might make it into "the next bracket," and get them for $5. Unfortunately, I am not sure I will ever have a need for 4 pallets. (I couldn't even fit them in my apartment if I wanted to.)

Until then, when I have the need, I just run to my local Wal-Mart and get the coolers. If I buy shrooms that are over a hundred bucks or so, I usually request the same, and even offer to pay for the cooler. I have just had far too many bad experiences with shipping companies.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shipped with every carrier there is and I ship high volume. Compared to UPS, I have had MUCH better luck with FedEx. All of them make mistakes and unfortunately its must too often...
If you are a vendor and ship with FedEx make sure you contact FedEx and let them know that everything that you ship on your account is live animals, this seems to help.
Out of 1500 or so boxes that I ship per year I would say there is an issue with maybe 5 boxes, in my opinion thats pretty good. Maybe its because my account is marked that I only ship live animals, it may help?
Sometimes they do not meet the guaranteed ship time but they never creates an issue, an hour or two difference...

OP
OP
drainbamage

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than a couple isolated instances, my dealings with FedEx have been ok. I did have some issues in the beginning when I was shipping from a local FedEx shop. It wasn't until Marvin told me I'd be better off shipping at the airport did things turn out best. The staff at the airport FedEx is great and they take care of my stuff. I'm usually in and out in within 15 seconds. Everything I ship is labeled so I don't have to wait on the line that is always present. Being that this is where all FedEx packages in southeastern Michigan feed into, the packages do much better when shipped from here. I also have until 9pm to drop off packages which is great. It is about 45-60 minutes round trip, but its worth it to ensure that the corals arrive safe.

But still, stuff does happen. I may have to check out UPS if it is cheaper to ship.

Sonny

Have you tried out USPS at all Sonny? Curious as it seems we all assume USPS will suck, and don't even bother with them. Or is it that UPS/FedEx make it worthwhile for business's and USPS is geared towards individuals?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they gave me bulk pricing on 4 pallets. When they came in I was like WOAH! where the heck are we going to put all these!? THey were 4 ft x 4 ft x 10 ft tall. It was funny unloading them because customers thought we were getting a huge livestock shipment in and we were picking the pallets up by hand over our heads with no effort, they looked at us weird.

The only downside to a cooler that I see is that it would cost more to ship that extra 2lbs, it could mean the difference of $10-$30 shipping cost sometimes, but for an expensive item it's worth it.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shipped with every carrier there is and I ship high volume. Compared to UPS, I have had MUCH better luck with FedEx. All of them make mistakes and unfortunately its must too often...
If you are a vendor and ship with FedEx make sure you contact FedEx and let them know that everything that you ship on your account is live animals, this seems to help.
Out of 1500 or so boxes that I ship per year I would say there is an issue with maybe 5 boxes, in my opinion thats pretty good. Maybe its because my account is marked that I only ship live animals, it may help?
Sometimes they do not meet the guaranteed ship time but they never creates an issue, an hour or two difference...

Good God. I have had more issues than that in a month (this is the God's honest truth). And I am not even a seller. Nor do I buy ridiculous amounts of stuff (although my wife would disagree).

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to manage a UPS Store and would never recommend a retail location to ship corals unless its a place you know and trust. 2 reasons for this. 1) being that a lot of them are franchise stores and so there is a lot of variation with the quality of service and the amount of care put into your packages and their deadlines and 2) being that some of these employees just dont give a @$% because theyre getting paid $8 an hour and they just dont care(clearly an issue in your case). If you package your things properly and bring them to the hub (sometimes a p.i.t.a) youll have a much better experience. Plus, you can bring it to the hub a lot later at night (8pm ususally) which means the corals spend less time in their bags. Hope this helps, Pete

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back