OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank is doing awesome! Had my diatom bloom and now it is gone. I haven't been this excited in a long time! New pics coming TONIGHT!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the compliments!

Jerad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do your snails fair with the rimless design? I know my snails often creep up on the edge of my tank and I am afraid if I had a rimless, they would try to escape. Also , if you do not have a problem with your snails, what kind of snails do you have?

DocHoc66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read a few tank build threads and not a single one goes smoothly - yours seems to fit right in! LOL - sorry.
We are saving for a rimless cube and I'm really appreciating all the details and links from your thread. Thanks for figuring it out for us. 
Especially like the lighting ideas! GL with everything! Looking forward to more pix.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.642249,-117.003265

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, not sure if you're still looking for ideas on how to mount the AI's, but I too was in the same boat. This is what I came up with....

IMG_0124.jpg

Most important think for me was being able to hide all the wires...
IMG_0114.jpg

Hope this helps!

Lynnmw1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the FTS? I am totally drooling over those colors on the corals! :dribble:

those AIs are really awesome! some day when I have money I will get these. I really like the lighting rack you got too. It's very similar to the way my aquaticlife fixture sits on my tank. It looks very clean and does the job well! I'll have to remember that for the future as they have a 72" one :xd:

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, not sure if you're still looking for ideas on how to mount the AI's, but I too was in the same boat. This is what I came up with....

IMG_0124.jpg

Most important think for me was being able to hide all the wires...
IMG_0114.jpg

Hope this helps!

very nice tank!

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev. Can you share your AI settings? Very curious how high you run them. Great build.

Lynnmw1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev. Can you share your AI settings? Very curious how high you run them. Great build.

I am also curious about this as well. Do you have them set up with a controller to control the ramping of the lights or anything? If so what controller are you using and what module do you need for this? I would definitely want to control the lights as much as I could from a controller myself as I have that option on my T-5 lights which I love. It's nice not having to worry about turning lights on and off while you're out having fun on a Friday night :)

And also.... FTS!!!!!

Please? :xd:

SaM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one sweet build! love tha tank and the proposed light rack. Came out exactly as the model. So sorry it didn't worked for you. Corals look great under LEDs huh!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back