New 135g Miracles Rimless!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well just pulled the trigger on my new tank!

Miracles Aquarium 135g
36x36x24 Rimless
External Overflow
Black Silicone
Starfire Glass on 3 sides
Beveled Edges

Modern Stand
Custom Maple
34" tall (that is as tall as I could get it considering the door size)
Euro-white Color

I am going to hang a couple led pendants over the tank.

The last tank I did was done for the BIG, WOW factor, but this one is for me to enjoy! I think I am going to do two pillar structures and then add my two pair of picassos with several different colored BTA's and a few select LPS on the sand. :)

Any ideas or comments to make this better?

Last edited:

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I can't wait to see pictures and how the build progresses. What dimensions did you chose for the tank?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good move rev hence my down grade nothing like getting back to the basics and enjoying things instead of slaving over them.... Lol can't wait to see this come alive

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LImited space means the best of the best corals only .. no room for boo boo average corals.. pick the best corals that you love most. Take your time with the two pillars.. It look me and annette 2-3 weeks to think of and make the rock work in our tank. Goodluck and im excited for you.. i know the great feeling of a new tank :bigsmile:

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome Rev. I love my Miracles Rimless. Really like the dimensions. Have you thought about what type of LED pendants you will hang over it?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank sounds amazing Miracles is a great brand I'm sure your feeling like a kid on x-mas eve GL with the new toy

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff at aquaworld tried them all.. give him a buzz.. he might save you alot of money from trial and error..

Sounds awesome Rev. I love my Miracles Rimless. Really like the dimensions. Have you thought about what type of LED pendants you will hang over it?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds really nice Rev. New tanks are always exciting.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dimensions will make for a very nice reef. Cant wait to see it come together.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Rev - Sounds like a niced sized tank. Looking forward to seeing everything together...like the aquascaping idea too!!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on rev! I can't wait to see it all come together for ya! Are you keeping anything from your existing setup for this one?

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank sounds hot! What are you planning to use for flow? Two mp40's or one mp60?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks gang! I am thinking of using all of my existing 4 mp40 pumps. I know its a lot, but I was think about putting them all on the very back glass so nothing is on the side and then turning them all down on low or something like that. Also I already own one AI LED Blue so I was thinking about just using that and adding another. Not too sure yet. I own an ATB External cone skimmer so I am probably going to use that as well.

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gang! I am thinking of using all of my existing 4 mp40 pumps. I know its a lot, but I was think about putting them all on the very back glass so nothing is on the side and then turning them all down on low or something like that. Also I already own one AI LED Blue so I was thinking about just using that and adding another. Not too sure yet. I own an ATB External cone skimmer so I am probably going to use that as well.

I would use all of the equipment you already have. With 4 mp40s you will be able to create some unique flow in your tank. What ar ethe dimension of your tank? I didn't see them in the OP.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like a good plan...plus i love the AI LED systems - I would love to go this route eventually.

reefsponge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet tank! I actually put my order in for the same tank from miracles minus the external overflow about a month ago. An upgrade from a 75. Love the dimensions and size without all the electricity of traditional 150. And Rev it's actually a 135g I believe. I'm excited for the both of us:)

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back