OP
W

wonca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok hold on here!!!! with no budget restraints ??????? ok call these guys, have them build you a custom sump! Custom Filtration Components, sumps, filters, protein skimmers etc. next .. youll need 8 of these .... Radion ? XR30w Pro | EcoTech Marine then you will probably want to get 2 of these for the front of either side he tank VorTech ? MP60 | EcoTech Marine now for the back of either side of the tank you will need 1 on each side VorTech ? MP40 | EcoTech Marine so there will be 2 pumps on the left side pane of glass and 2 on the right pane of glass. with the mp60wes in the front where there will be no rocks. and the mp40wes on the back of the side pane of glass where the rocks would be on direct flow!!.... then I woul do 2 more mp40wes on the back wall for forward flow. you will need one of these for each pump, its a battery back up just in case Battery Backup | EcoTech Marine then youll want to have these carbon and gfo reactors NextReef MR1 Monster GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor then youll want to get this .. its a calcium reactor .. Korallin C4002 Calcium Reactor with Eheim Pump then lol youll want a really nice skimmer. I would go with this. CoralVue- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 300 In Sump Protein Skimmer I would also purchase the optional neck cleaner . next is your bio pellet reactor to help with nitrates and bring back beneficial bacteria back to your corals !!! NextReef SMR1 Solid Media Reactors

Im giving this shopping list to my buddy He said he gets MP60 for 300?? he works at a wholesaler. Do you know anything about ASM skimmers…he said thats the only brand of skimmer he can get

OP
OP
W

wonca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok hold on here!!!! with no budget restraints ??????? ok call these guys, have them build you a custom sump! Custom Filtration Components, sumps, filters, protein skimmers etc. next .. youll need 8 of these .... Radion ? XR30w Pro | EcoTech Marine then you will probably want to get 2 of these for the front of either side he tank VorTech ? MP60 | EcoTech Marine now for the back of either side of the tank you will need 1 on each side VorTech ? MP40 | EcoTech Marine so there will be 2 pumps on the left side pane of glass and 2 on the right pane of glass. with the mp60wes in the front where there will be no rocks. and the mp40wes on the back of the side pane of glass where the rocks would be on direct flow!!.... then I woul do 2 more mp40wes on the back wall for forward flow. you will need one of these for each pump, its a battery back up just in case Battery Backup | EcoTech Marine then youll want to have these carbon and gfo reactors NextReef MR1 Monster GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor then youll want to get this .. its a calcium reactor .. Korallin C4002 Calcium Reactor with Eheim Pump then lol youll want a really nice skimmer. I would go with this. CoralVue- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 300 In Sump Protein Skimmer I would also purchase the optional neck cleaner . next is your bio pellet reactor to help with nitrates and bring back beneficial bacteria back to your corals !!! NextReef SMR1 Solid Media Reactors

Im giving this shopping list to my buddy He said he gets MP60 for 300?? he works at a wholesaler. Do you know anything about ASM skimmers…he said thats the only brand of skimmer he can get

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes asm skimmers used to be top notch. in the past few years the newer stuff is blowing them out of the water! making it easier to create bubbles with smaller more quiet pumps. basically in my opinion they are still good skimmers. just like the Nintendo 64 still good but the wii is better

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I will get back to you about the copper around the tank.... I was always told that copper is great for fish only tanks it will help keep pests away... but if you plan to have corals it will kill them immediately!!!!!! im surprised no one cought this?

OP
OP
W

wonca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside yes. That's a lot of copper and I would defiantly be worried about cross contamination.

The copper is on the outside…i can always go frameless and just have the tank onto of the furniture. Good point tho, imma start asking around about having a copper frame.

jtucker022187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't put it on, redreefer makes a good point, having that near your tank is like putting a gas can night to a fire, it may blow up our it may not but I wouldn't risk it

OP
OP
W

wonca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the copper frame is going to be an issue, any resources on where to pick up an 8 foot canopy? Also just installed my spartan 5 stage 300 GPD RO/DI system and received my APEX + Lab grade probe. I will post pictures later of the RO setup. I won't have the tank on the stand for another week…rounding up the troops to move this beast and waiting for the rain to stop. I hope you all have a happy and healthy weekend!! :)

OP
OP
W

wonca

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is being moved into place this saturday and I have all of the equipment to get it started except for the skimmer at the moment. My firmed was going to get me a whole sale ASM but i don't think i want that. What is a good skimmer out there for a 300 gallon tank. I was looking at reef octopus as suggested and I also found Aquamaxx…anyone have any experience or advice with that. and I will eb clear coating the copper to prevent any of it from dusting off into the tank. My friend who owns a reefshop said it shouldn't be an issue so long as it never gets in the water…I'm a risk taker. I got my MP40's (for now…ill be getting 2 MP60's also), my 2 150 watt halides (for now…will be getting LED), 320 lbs fiji pink, 320 totoka live rock, 300 GPD spartan RODI, 1/4 HP pump. I will be getting all of the reactors etc as my tank becomes populated. what else will i need to get the tank started. I don't want to rsh into things or get to far ahead of myself, but again, money isn't a factor in this build

I hope you all have a happy and healthy holiday and I'm sorry I've been away for a bit, I am in the process of starting a business for a product that I have invented and it is currently consuming the majority of my time. Thanks again for the support and input, you guys/gals seem great!!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back