New 60 gallon cube

Littlebigaj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to build a 60 gallon cube in my foyer. It'll be SPS dominate with a few of my favorite LPS. There was a broom closet behind the wall I wanted to place it on, so I am putting all of the hardware in there.

I used some cycled rock, water from my display tank, and sand from my refugium to get it started, but I still have a lot of work to do and equipment left to install. Here it is so far (day 2).

I have an MP40w ES in the mail, a chiller, and a new icecap ballast still to install.

tank3.jpg

room-1.jpg

aqua-1.jpg

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far - keep us posted. Like the rockwork - very clean and simple! Plenty of room on the sand for your LPS too!

OP
OP
Littlebigaj

Littlebigaj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the positive feedback. I know the rock work is basic, but I really think my colonies will fill it out nicely.

I'll post progress as I start to make more. Right now all of my parameters are perfect, but I want to wait a little while to see if the tank is going to go through a cycle. I actually insta-cycled (for lack of better term) my last tank and had huge success with it, so maybe ill have updates sooner than later.

OP
OP
Littlebigaj

Littlebigaj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank that I had holding all of these sps was becoming somewhat unstable with all of the moving around and debris, so I went ahead and started putting some pieces in. It's kinda of temporarily slapped together, I'll soon aquascape it better.

Picture is poor quality because I took it with my phone, but you can get an idea.

Any suggestions?

035.jpg

OP
OP
Littlebigaj

Littlebigaj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a 20k 250w in a lumenarc. I still need to order LEDs for it, I just haven't figured out how I am going to mount them so that they are astheticaly pleasing.

I got my MP40 put in today and also went to WWC today and got a couple new additions. Pink branching cyphastea and the JF PPE cyphastea. A lot of the current corals will be coming out as I want only collector piece in here.

Last edited:

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back