OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dudddeeeeee just saw youtube vid....please come build one for me.... so sick!.

and great idea bringing a return to oppo side.... and one heck of a clean way of doing it
Thanks you... I tried something different. I didn't want want pumps on the end glass mess up the view. I been thinking about the idea for a while so I went with it. Thanks for checking out my build.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you... I tried something different. I didn't want want pumps on the end glass mess up the view. I been thinking about the idea for a while so I went with it. Thanks for checking out my build.
i love it.. great idea.. i didnt want pumps and chords to show on my sides of my tank.. a reason i didnt get MPs and decided to get tunze's ability to put on back and direct them.. kinda hides in the black back.... so i get what your saying... i love it. massive tank!.

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love it.. great idea.. i didnt want pumps and chords to show on my sides of my tank.. a reason i didnt get MPs and decided to get tunze's ability to put on back and direct them.. kinda hides in the black back.... so i get what your saying... i love it. massive tank!.
Thanks. Yes thats a great. we did the same with our tunze pumps. I love the stream 3 they sure can pump and each one is rated for 700 gallon tanks. What size of tank are you running?

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with reborn not on the market at moment it’s time to try something different in the calcium reactor. Who uses ARM ?
90254653_2747207772015765_449083292298248192_o.jpg

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ocd kicking into high gear. Plumbing all day. Let’s get the vacuum out ! Smelling glue fumes. I can’t wait to get everything cleaned up. I have **** everywhere lol let’s play can you spot the GoP

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build! Are you planning on mounting those stream 3s vertically without flow directors?

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, new episode of The 600 Gallon Reef tanks Called The Hulk is live. Today we are going to start adding the salt. My salt of choice has been for few years know has been the D&D H20 Ocean salt and fish room tour.
H2Ocean Natural Reef Salt
H2Ocean Pro+ is a pro formula aquarium salt with a strong reputation for quality and consistant parameters, producing fantastic results for reef hobbyists around the world.
Produced by a solar evaporative process, this produces a totally natural base salt where all of the main and trace elements are in complete balance as nature intended.
The pure natural salt is then specially enhanced for aquarium use by elevating specific elements that over time become depleted, such as calcium and magnesium which are used by corals and coralline algae for growth.
Now with new bucket design including robust metal handle on the 23kg bucket and tamper resistant lid.
600 GALLON THE HULK LETS ADD THE SALT D&D H20 OCEAN

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching the video above as I type this message. Yes, I can multitask. It's what happens when a person's attention span is, shall we say, lacking.

Anyway, I very clearly recall you asking for guesses as to how long it would take to fill the tank with RO/DI water. I also remember you starting the timer on your phone in that particular video. I think I was the only one who hazarded an estimate. So, my question is; according to your phone timer, how long did it take?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, new episode of The 600 Gallon Reef tanks Called The Hulk is live. Today we are going to start adding the salt. My salt of choice has been for few years know has been the D&D H20 Ocean salt and fish room tour.
H2Ocean Natural Reef Salt
H2Ocean Pro+ is a pro formula aquarium salt with a strong reputation for quality and consistant parameters, producing fantastic results for reef hobbyists around the world.
Produced by a solar evaporative process, this produces a totally natural base salt where all of the main and trace elements are in complete balance as nature intended.
The pure natural salt is then specially enhanced for aquarium use by elevating specific elements that over time become depleted, such as calcium and magnesium which are used by corals and coralline algae for growth.
Now with new bucket design including robust metal handle on the 23kg bucket and tamper resistant lid.
600 GALLON THE HULK LETS ADD THE SALT D&D H20 OCEAN

Interesting how there is such a big discrepancy between the Apex and Hanna on the salinity measurement. I could see a very small difference but what you're getting is eyebrow raising.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting how there is such a big discrepancy between the Apex and Hanna on the salinity measurement. I could see a very small difference but what you're getting is eyebrow raising.
I’ve got both of them and I wouldn’t trust the Apex salinity probe unless it’s been calibrated against something I trust like a good refractometer or in my case now the Hanna. Once it’s calibrated against these it’s usually fine (other than it needs recalibration every 3 months or so) otherwise you might as well guess a salinity reading with it.

Whenever I’ve used the calibration solution it’s just way off and usually 2-3 ppt to high.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got both of them and I wouldn’t trust the Apex salinity probe unless it’s been calibrated against something I trust like a good refractometer or in my case now the Hanna. Once it’s calibrated against these it’s usually fine (other than it needs recalibration every 3 months or so) otherwise you might as well guess a salinity reading with it.

Whenever I’ve used the calibration solution it’s just way off and usually 2-3 ppt to high.

Other than it measuring for consistency, seems like a waste of $130 to me. I've also researched this topic and come to the conclusion that it's a widespread problem.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back