OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s @reefkinetics reef bot install tonight. I am using it to track my cycle on THE HULK can’t wait to get some results !
90142532_2756564874413388_908023178058530816_o.jpg
90142532_2756564874413388_908023178058530816_o.jpg

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got both of them and I wouldn’t trust the Apex salinity probe unless it’s been calibrated against something I trust like a good refractometer or in my case now the Hanna. Once it’s calibrated against these it’s usually fine (other than it needs recalibration every 3 months or so) otherwise you might as well guess a salinity reading with it.

Whenever I’ve used the calibration solution it’s just way off and usually 2-3 ppt to high.
I hear you. We spend all this money thinking apex is the best but its like a toy that sometimes works. Apex needs to maybe spend a little money and make there products better and higher quilty materials.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please see this post...

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud I cant see the post ??

It's post #357 in this thread.

For simplication purposes, I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting the post below... ;)

Watching the video above as I type this message. Yes, I can multitask. It's what happens when a person's attention span is, shall we say, lacking.

Anyway, I very clearly recall you asking for guesses as to how long it would take to fill the tank with RO/DI water. I also remember you starting the timer on your phone in that particular video. I think I was the only one who hazarded an estimate. So, my question is; according to your phone timer, how long did it take?

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's post #357 in this thread.

For simplication purposes, I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting the post below... ;)

Watching the video above as I type this message. Yes, I can multitask. It's what happens when a person's attention span is, shall we say, lacking.

Anyway, I very clearly recall you asking for guesses as to how long it would take to fill the tank with RO/DI water. I also remember you starting the timer on your phone in that particular video. I think I was the only one who hazarded an estimate. So, my question is; according to your phone timer, how long did it take?
lol it took 17 days lol. I ended up adding a second R/0 because mine sprung a leek ....
A3A4616A-8BA0-472E-AF81-D220DA2BCE9D.jpeg

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pax Bellum on my system also ,, was working great ,,, then it wasn't :( turned out it was the Vibrant I was dosing to the tank to get rid of some Bubble Algae ,, took forever to get that Vibrant out of the system ,, what I should have done was to gave every piece of equipment on the system a vinegar bath to speed that up ,, Pax Bellum is back to working like it should be ,, I have to dose liquid Iron to the tank weekly or Chaeto growth will stop when the iron in the system is used up ,,

OP
OP
FARMBOYREEF

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pax Bellum on my system also ,, was working great ,,, then it wasn't :( turned out it was the Vibrant I was dosing to the tank to get rid of some Bubble Algae ,, took forever to get that Vibrant out of the system ,, what I should have done was to gave every piece of equipment on the system a vinegar bath to speed that up ,, Pax Bellum is back to working like it should be ,, I have to dose liquid Iron to the tank weekly or Chaeto growth will stop when the iron in the system is used up ,,
Good to know about the vibrant never tried it before. Happy to hear to the pax is back on line. I can wait to hook mine up this weekend. @Pax Bellum here this about the vibrant buddy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back