New 75 Gallon Reef tank stocking

LAA

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2021
Messages
350
Reaction score
151
Location
yo no say
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I am setting up a 75 gallon reef tank all the rock is cycled so will be able to add fish soon and was wondering how many fish could go in a 75? I am also planing on doing soft corals. Any fish recommendations will be extremely helpful!
 
Hey guys! I am setting up a 75 gallon reef tank all the rock is cycled so will be able to add fish soon and was wondering how many fish could go in a 75? I am also planing on doing soft corals. Any fish recommendations will be extremely helpful!

Typically, you build your system around the kind of fish you want to keep.

The number of fish you can have depends on the fish you choose. As an example only, your tank might handle the bio load of 8 small fish (think damsels, clowns) but only 2 larger fish.

Whatever direction you choose to go, remember to quarantine each fish. Also don't fully stock your tank in one trip. Buy two and allow your tank to adjust to the added bio load. Wait a month and then add again.
 
Typically, you build your system around the kind of fish you want to keep.

The number of fish you can have depends on the fish you choose. As an example only, your tank might handle the bio load of 8 small fish (think damsels, clowns) but only 2 larger fish.

Whatever direction you choose to go, remember to quarantine each fish. Also don't fully stock your tank in one trip. Buy two and allow your tank to adjust to the added bio load. Wait a month and then add again.
Yes thank you I know about quarantine and waiting I have over 18 tanks 3 of which are also saltwater. I am planing on doing a clownfish but wasn’t sure what else would do ok in that size tank because I would like fish maybe tangs that would help eat any algae that may grow in the further down the road but won’t harm coral
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new